I need to lose some "lbs"!!!

Last night I decided to step on the scale......What a mistake!! When I saw how much I weighed, I thought I was going to die! My current weight is the heaviest I have ever been......smile43.gif

After having nightmares and hosting my own pitty party....I have decided that I need to kick my own ass and get motivated! Not only am I getting married next year, I am the Maid of Honor in my Best Friend's Wedding this November....And I do not want to be fat in those photos!

I need to lose my new "muffin top."

So....I am going to try weight watchers. I have friends that have lost a bunch of weight using this diet and it is time for me to jump on the band wagon! I am too "poor" to join weight watchers online so I did some research to get the jist of the diet. Any information you ladies would like to share would be appreciated!

Today is "Day 1" smile41.gif

As my girlfriends and I say "unconditional love has caused us to gain weight". My FI loves me no matter my weight which is wonderful but I just keep eating. You can find some weight watchers stuff on ebay for a decent price. I have also joined on line which is less time consuming and I think cheaper then going to meetings. Good luck and good for you for taking the first step!

I love weight watchers. After the wedding and everything I totally stopped watching what I ate and here I am 6 weeks later feeling disgusting - I started WW on Tuesday. I would highly recommend getting a WW points slider scale. It's just a little piece of paper thing that calculates the points for you. They do make a calculator too but I love that slider. You can find them on EBay for cheap! That is basically all I use. And WW gives you 35 extra points/week but I NEVER use those either. Also you get points for excercising but I don't use those either. I stick to my 20 points a day. I mean I TRY to stick to it LOL! If you google WW recipes you will find lots of info. GOOD LUCK!!

First of all don't be too hard on yourself. You see here's how it happens: We meet these fabulous guys and tend to get "comfortable" with them and before we know it we've packed on a few extra pounds without even realizing it (or wanting to realize it) hehe. I just hopped on the "MOTIVATION TRAIN" about 2 weeks ago. The getting motivated part seems to be the hardest for a lot of women (including myself) Here's my best advice: Don't go crazy and throw out all sweets/fats from your diet, decide you're hitting the gym 5 days a week, and cutting your portions in half. If you do this all at once you are basically setting yourself up to be less successful. Start small, and make little life style changes 1 at a time. The more small changes you make, the more likely you are to want to make the bigger changes. Also, what cardio activities do you enjoy? Do you like to hit the gym? Do you like to swim, play tennis, even brisk walking for 60 mins is GREAT for the heart. I refuse to give up carbs and chocolate. So, I work around them. The changes I started out with were: 1. Work out for 30 mins twice a week 2. Don't eat after 7:00pm Start small girl and you WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!! I'm alwayyyys here to chit chat about our progress!!!

I think I still have an excel WW calculator saved on my home computer, if you PM me your email address I will send it to you tonight. You just put in the number of calories and the amount of fiber and it tells you how many points it equals.

Also, I lost 15lbs before my wedding by lifting weights 3 days a week.