#1 flygirl

flygirl
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:09 AM

Parent's gift - check
    Bridesmaids gift - check
    Groomsmen gift - check
    ring bearer gift - ccccrrraaapppp!

What are you getting your wedding party little people? We're having two ring bearers (2 & 5) and I'm at a loss. Do you just get them a toy? They are brothers, so I don't want the gift to be too large or their parents will kill me trying to pack going home. If it was up to my FI we'd get them a shotgun ("something every man needs") but unfortunately (or luckily) we can't get that through customs :)
    Help please

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

OMG, i didn't even think about a gift for my ring bearer. Mine is 1, and won't technically be carrying the ring he'll just be starting to walk. I did already buy some things for him, just because he's so stinking cute! But I think i'm going to make him a little beach bag with beach toys like buckets, shovels, and sand castle molds, a bathing suit, sunblock, and beach sweat jacket i got from old navy.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 Dez921714

Dez921714
      • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

So far we've got our ring bearer...(all from dollar tree) swimmies, a float, blow up ball, sand molds, sand sifter and a pail with shovel. I'll probably also pick up a coloring book and crayons (he'll be 3 1/2 when we get married).

We'll also planning to get him a gold ID bracelet.
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

We bought our ring bearers (ages 3 and :
          - luggage
          - personalized toiletry bags and luggage tags - both from www.lillianvernon.com which has really cute stuff (the bags and tags had basketballs and footballs and stuff like that on them)
          - "King of the Ring" customized shirts.

#5 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

I love those little King of the Ring t-shirts! I like the beachy ideas previously suggested.

#6 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
            • 1,016 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

We had two ring bearers and gave them the ring bearer pillows as gifts. They were stuffed animals that looked like our puppy (see avatar) and they loved them.
              Click the image to open in full size.

We also got them chalk mats that they could use to entertain themselves during the reception and few other small items.

Madallie: A Children's Travel Store - Crazy Art - Oil Cloth Chalk Mat/Blue

#7 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

Our ring bearer is older, 12, so I have left this task up to my FI. It's his nephew so hopefully he can figure it out, cuz I know I cant my brain hurts from figuring all this out!

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the lillian vernon info lizz, i remembered seeing the toiletry bag you had for your rb, i just ordered one for mine. they are so cute.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 4,853 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

I recieved an email today from Davids Bridal, and they had some ideas for personalized gifts for the ring bearer.
                    Gifts and Favors | David's Bridal
                    Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#10 lucy106

lucy106
                    • 2,880 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

Anyone have any suggestions for gifts for our older ring bearer (12 years old)? I wanted something personal that he would keep, I got our flower girls diamond stud earrings so what is kind of equal to that for boys?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users