What do you drink?

Birdie07

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
Try a pitcher of water with cucumbers and orange or lemon slices. It's really refreshing.
OMG yes! At a work meeting the other day there was a pitcher of water with sliced cucumbers and it was amazingly refreshing. Good one!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Calia,

Kudos to you and your man for wanting to eat/drink healthier! It def does a body good!

I exercise regularly and watch what a eat a lot and don't entirely cut out caffeine since I looooove looooove looooove TEA (which is also great for the body) but will advise you that organic foods CAN be expensive so if you don't have a store near to you, just hit up your local grocery store and eat what you know is healthy (veggies, lean meats, proteins, produce, etc). I drink a lot of water and juices (apple, orange, lemonade, etc). I do try to stay away from soda as much as possible.

Cutting soda out changes things like you wouldn't believe.

Good luck on your new lifestyle! It def has AWESOME benefits & you will feel 20 times better! smile123.gif

Thanks! I don't like tea so that kinda sucks for that. But I just now remembered having a cucumber water before. And it was good. So that might be yummy. I'm so excited our farmers market opens saturday!!! YAY! I have cut out soda before. A year ago and I lost a TON of weight. So I'm excited to do it again. Plus the headaches are not fun! I'm glad to see other people do this to! YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
try Odwalla or Naked juice, it has natural sugars but is made with 100% fruit.
Yup, I was going to suggest these two. We love "Mo Beta" and Naked's Mango drink. I also drink Atkins Royal Chocolate shakes in the morning which are good taste wise but not sure if that fits in with your plan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliaA07 View Post
Thanks! I don't like tea so that kinda sucks for that. But I just now remembered having a cucumber water before. And it was good. So that might be yummy. I'm so excited our farmers market opens saturday!!! YAY! I have cut out soda before. A year ago and I lost a TON of weight. So I'm excited to do it again. Plus the headaches are not fun! I'm glad to see other people do this to! YAY!
At The Westin in PV they have fruit infused water. Let's see, last time we went they had water w/strawberries in it, water w/lemons and water w/mango and guava. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliaA07 View Post
Cutting out soda is an amazing thing to do! I'm pretty close to being my 11-month anniversary from the lst drop of soda (pop) that I drank!!! I get a hankering now & again (I would have killed someone the other day for an ice-cold Dr Pepper!!!fryingpan.gif) but I just keep thinking how much of a waste it would be if I had just one mouthful!
I actually went to a Halloween party & went to take a sip from my friends mug (it looked like beer!) & it turned out to be rye & dry... so I turned around & spit it into a house plant before anyone noticed!! Wasn't going to ruin my hard work & willpower!! LOL shhhhhh don't tell the couple that hosted the partywink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
OMG yes! At a work meeting the other day there was a pitcher of water with sliced cucumbers and it was amazingly refreshing. Good one!!!
Cucumber water is delicious! I worked at the Spa at the Fairmont Banff Springs Resort & when there were no guests in the lounge-area, I occasionally snuck in to steal a glass-ful!wink.gif
Another yummy one is sliced lemons & straberries! Light & refreshing too!

Try the smoothies that Bolthouse Farms make. The berry smoothie is AMAZING!!! Really expensive but they do sell it at Costco. Have you tried making your own smoothies? You can get really creative and try different combos...