Photo

Legal Ceremony in Cuba ~ personalized???

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 jackobelle

jackobelle
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K'osh
    Sand ceremony is where each of you have a container of sand (could be in your wedding colours) and then you both pour your sand into one container
    Thanks! That sounds nice and goes with the beach theme.

#12 katnip

katnip
    • 32 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for posting the legal portion of the ceremony, now I can think about what to add in. I was wanting to do the sand ceremony, and its good to know I can do that after the legal piece. Does anyone know how the sand travels back to Canada?

#13 alishadawn20

alishadawn20
      • 33 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

The sand does not travel back well !!! ! ! ! ! !

We did the sand ceremony and it was beautiful....
        On the way back it all stayed int he container, but it got all shook up so the "layers" weren't exactly layers anymore. We're going to order more sand and repour.

#14 ashey063009

ashey063009
        • 604 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

Wow-- thanks for posting the legal documentation Virg. It does seem very formal...

Does anyone know if we can add in "vows" at anytime prior to the "I dos" or does it have to happen after the full legal ceremony is over?

Is anyone having a guest help them out during the ceremony (prompting vows etc.)?

#15 Amarillis

Amarillis
          • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:15 AM

Ash... ABSOLUTELY... there is a thread that details our personalized ceremony....and it is in my planning thread... My WC at the resort was more than happy to perform our English personalized portion...

#16 sweetie_bri

sweetie_bri
            • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

Amarillis, thanks for the posting of your personalized ceremony...love the hands ceremony part too...I think we're going to have some of our family members read some things for us, and this very well may be one of them! Gotta get the approval of the FI but, I think he will like it too...especially if it doesn't mean writing his own vows :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users