Photo

Waiting for results...

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 jmill130

jmill130
  • 601 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

Sending positive thoughts & hugs to you!

#22 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
    • 1,209 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

So... FINALLY FI managed to call the doctor's office and ask was up with us never getting anything in the mail...

Well, the nurse says that she can't tell him anything over the phone, but obviously the doctor had signed off on the results and not seen anything unusual, so - we think we are celebrating, but won't for sure until he goes tot he doctor next Friday!!!!!

We may be home free (at least in terms of FI's fertility)

WOOHOO!!!

#23 Virg

Virg
      • 684 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

OH YAY!!
        My man is in the same boat. He never had a vasectomy, but he was on alot of meds as a kid, due to a heart condition. And at one point in time a doctor said he might have "problems" ..whatever that means
        But he is scared to go. He says he wants to know before the wedding, but I guess the finality of it scares him...

any word of advice ?
        Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
        Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#24 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
        • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Virg
          OH YAY!!
          My man is in the same boat. He never had a vasectomy, but he was on alot of meds as a kid, due to a heart condition. And at one point in time a doctor said he might have "problems" ..whatever that means
          But he is scared to go. He says he wants to know before the wedding, but I guess the finality of it scares him...

any word of advice ?

FI was in the same boat in that he had had the reversal done about 2 years ago, but had never gotten tested, because he didn't want to know. He said he was happier 'hoping' than knowing...

It's hard to 'nudge' a man to do something like this if he is hesitant to find out, but I think what made FI finally go was when I booked myself in for a doctor's appointment to discuss pre-pregnancy vitamins, tests, etc. I had a full check-up and chatted with my doctor about when I should go off the pill, etc.
          I think that is what really made him feel like he owed it to himself and to me to be proactive and just do it.

That said, he did the test and we didn't hear back for over a month and it was like pulling teeth to get him to call the doctor and ask what happened with the results. He FINALLY did call, but it took me about 3 weeks of almost begging him to ask about the results.
          We'll know for sure in a week.

I also was really clear with him from the beginning that I wanted kids and he wanted kids and that that was the most important thing to me. That we both wanted kids. No matter how we went about it, we would make it happen. So he knew that I in no way was going to leave or be pissed off if he couldn't do it naturally.
          I will be very disappointed, but we're in it together.

As long as your FI knows he's got your full support, maybe you shouldl go ahead and book yourself in for an appointment :)

Good luck!

#25 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
          • 1,209 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

This week is dragging... work has been brutal and I'm on edge waiting for FI to see the doctor on Friday to get the real results...

We're planning on going out after on Friday night together. We haven't seen much of eachother in a week. So much work and he's in classes 2 nights a week too. We're both exhausted.

I soooo hope it's good news. Crossing my fingers....

#26 Kelly C

Kelly C
            • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

your in my prayers. sending happy spermy vibes your way.
              Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#27 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
              • 1,209 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

YIPPEE!!!

The verdict is... as FI says... he has "overachieving" sperm.

He is in great condition (and so are his swimmers). LOL! The test showed that his surgery was successful and he's got something like 60% viable sperm.

To celebrate, I made him a special cake. I brought it to his parents' place for dinner the other night.
                I had to start out by stating to everyone that I was not pregnant. (FMIL was disappointed. She wants me to have twins! LOL!)

Check it out - it's angel food cake iced with whipped cream and then decorated with chocolate sperm and chromosomes. LOL!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#28 Angel

Angel
                • 2,635 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

Congrats, glad to hear everything went well.
                  The cake is too funny, very creative!! LOL!!!

#29 sassybride

sassybride
                  • Banned
                  • 294 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

lol I love the cake haha I'm so happy for you yeah!
                    Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#30 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
                    • 1,798 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

Glad it all worked out. Love the cake!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users