Sign in to follow this  
kevsgirl

Waiting for results...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
It's totally expected to feel nervous. Why don't you try calling the clinic to see if they have the results yet. Plus even if you do get a letter, I'm not sure it will be in detail about what it all means. Were you referred to a clinic? If so I would try calling the Dr office that referred you and see if they can get the results sooner.

Good luck
It's the doctor who sent him to the surgeon to get the surgery who gave him the form for the test. That was a weird sentence... LOL

FI has been sitting on this test for over a year now. He hasn't wanted to get in done, because he's afraid of the results.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt calling the clinic or his doctor. I might try to suggest it to him tomorrow.
He's very sensitive about this though... and I really don't want to bug him about it worried2.gif

I hope all is well with your husband sperm count. I wonder why his ex-wife didn't get her tubes tide instead of him getting the procedure done.

Just wondering if the tubes does close, is it still possible to extract your husbands sperm and insert inside you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootBride View Post
Oh Sweetie Here is a hug!!! hug2.gif

I am wishing you and your FI all sorts of lively and ready to get to business sperm!
THANK YOU!!! That is adorable :) I am hoping for the same :) cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by chonda25 View Post
I hope all is well with your husband sperm count. I wonder why his ex-wife didn't get her tubes tide instead of him getting the procedure done.

Just wondering if the tubes does close, is it still possible to extract your husbands sperm and insert inside you?
He is a great guy. She didn't like kids, but he did, but he decided that since he was planning on spending the rest of his life with her, he'd do it.
It's a much easier procedure for men than it is for women.
I can't believe he'd make such a sacrifice, but he loved her. And I love him for being so caring and sweet.

I think that there are ways they can extract the sperm. Here's hoping it won't be that complicated.

I just can't wait to hear what's going on and what our options are!

We aren't getting married til December and don't want to get pregnant before then, but we want to start trying right around then, so we wanted to know where we stood before that, KWIM?

Thanks everyone! (still no results and I"ve been a wimp and not called the clinic).

I've done a bit more research:

A lot of the success depends on how good the surgeon is, because it's a very delicate procedure and they have to be sure to reconnect everything properly (LOL - that sounds bad! jiggy.gif)

If it is unsuccessful, there is a possibility of something called "sperm aspiration" and then IVF (so that would require lots of stuff done to both the man and the woman). Most surgeons seem to say it's better to just re-do the reversal surgery than to do this operation though.

A successful reversal surgery results in at least 50% pregnancies (or 95% if you believe one surgeon who is so convinced he's amazing and can absolutely do it), whereas the aspiration and IVF is more like 40%smile02.gif

SO, all this to say that FINGERS CROSSED that FI's surgeon was AMAZING and did great work!!!cheer2.gif