Photo

hotel specific threads in the area forums versus in the accomodations sub-forums

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SunBride

SunBride
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

Hey guys, I notice some of the threads specific to one hotel (like ours: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t7767) are in the area forum (like the Mayan Riviera forum) whereas others (like this one: http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t786) are in the accomodations sub-forum. Maybe in order to keep things more organized and easy to find (I notice the mods on here are always working hard to do that!) all threads like that should be in the accomodations sub-forum. It would be more consistent.

Just an idea.

Also, I've noticed on other forums that sometimes the topics from sub-forums show up in the larger forums (so in this case, the topics from the mayan riviera accomodations sub-forum would show up when you are in the general mayan riviera forum). Again, just an idea. Because right now, I wonder how many people actually realize the difference between the area forum and the accomodations sub-forum. Same for the vendor sub-forum. Most vendor and accomodations questions are just in the regular area forum rather than in the appropriate sub-forums, so what is the purpose of the sub-forums? Just throwing out some ideas

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

this is a really good idea...let me bring it up to the Mods

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

logistically it would be hard to do.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Tammy Host
        logistically it would be hard to do.
        which one of my suggestions? I'm guessingyou mean having the sub-forums show up in the larger forum?

I would have thought moving all hotel specific threads to the accomodations sections would be simple enough, and maybe post a sticky telling people to start all future hotel specific threads there. But it's just a little suggestion, not very important and maybe not really worthwhile.

#5 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

not all of the areas have sub forums which is why Tammy meant it would be difficult, she would have to create sub forums for all the areas.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users