no peanuts on my flight to Hawaii??

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

We had a discussion about this on another thread. We brainstormed ways for the airlines to make money and I think they may have read our thread!

I don't care if they take away the snacks. I never ate them. I just want cheaper ticket costs!
    Happily married since 2008

#12 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
      We had a discussion about this on another thread. We brainstormed ways for the airlines to make money and I think they may have read our thread!

I don't care if they take away the snacks. I never ate them. I just want cheaper ticket costs!

I agree the snacks don't bother me, our last flight on AA, they didn't offer us anything except $5 sandwich wraps.

I would like to see cheaper flights too, but they are going up too it looks like. No peanuts, higher cost for tickets, and have to pay to check your luggage, what is this world coming to? lol

#13 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

I'll give up my food, I just hate that you can't bring your own on without spending another $15!

We were in the Kansas City airport this weekend. It is long ans skinny, so all of the food is on one side, with security right in front of your gate. There is not an option for purchasing food in the "secured area" with the exception of vending machine junk. I paid $7 for my Starbucks and couldn't even drink it all!

In most of the small airports the selection in the "secured area" is terrible and outrageously priced. FI's personal pepperoni pizza from California Pizza Kitchen in St. Louis was $11.99!

#14 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:39 PM

The lack of snacks don't bother me, since I always bring my own anyway. However, I do mind the increase of airline tickets and I think it's quite disturbing that now you have to pay for your 1st bag to check it in.

#15 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by azhuskergirl
            I'm just laughing, because I'm wondering what's next?

Someone recently sent me a skit (I think it was from SNL) that parodied airlines charging for everything now & this just reminds me of it. Like soon there will be a coin slot for the air conditioning vent above you......$1.00 for every 1/2 hour.
            found it. it was a madtv sketch called "cheapo airlines". enjoy.

YouTube - Cheapo Airlines

#16 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by azhuskergirl
              What's next? $5 for a soda?
              I guess I wasn't too far off.....they're charging $2

#17 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:31 AM

Is this new? I've been paying for snacks on United and Northwest for a while now. Anywhere from $3-5 depending on the airline and snack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users