Jump to content

Photo

Cemony seating for small group


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • Member
  • 719 posts

    Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

    We are doing to do a beach ceremony and will probably have about 6-12 family members. I would like to have an isle but will it look silly with so few chairs? Any thoughts? Thanks, Carla

    #2 jajajaja

    jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

      Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

      I didn't have a very big wedding but we did have more people than six. I think we had about 12-14 sitting down. You can look at my pics as comparision.

      If you have only 6 I don't think it would look funny at all. They have to sit somewhere right?
      Happily married since 2008

      #3 Shay2679

      Shay2679
      • Jr. Member
      • 493 posts

        Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

        With your group, you could do something...interactive...like asking half to stand on one side of the aisle, and vice versa. They could raise roses together to form an arch for you to walk under...

        They'd be standing, but the ceremony will probably be maybe 20 minutes...

        Just an alternative to the seating if you're worried it will look odd.



        #4 Yvette

        Yvette
        • Member
        • 510 posts

          Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

          oooh i like shay2679's idea. this is a good thread, i don't have a final head count for us but i do know our guests will be standing during the ceremony. money wise it wasn't worth the set up/breakdown fees to have chairs. plus like shay2679 said our ceremony is only going to be 15 minutes long so i think everyone will be fine standing.

          #5 jajajaja

          jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

            Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

            Just to throw my two cents in- I wouldn't want to stand at a ceremony and I'm young. I can't stand in one place for too long and for the sake of only having people stand for the looks of the ceremony, I think is a bit unfair. If chairs are available, I think you should give them to your guests. I guess the bride and groom stand, but it's different. You don't even notice it because you are so wrapped up in the ceremony. The times I have been a BM though, I get fidgety and have a hard time paying attention to anything but standing in one place.
            Happily married since 2008

            #6 adias.angel

            adias.angel
            • Member
            • 719 posts

              Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shay2679
              With your group, you could do something...interactive...like asking half to stand on one side of the aisle, and vice versa. They could raise roses together to form an arch for you to walk under...

              They'd be standing, but the ceremony will probably be maybe 20 minutes...
              Thanks so much for the idea but need to have the chairs. FMIL has blood pressure problems and I know she is going to need a place to sit. I don't want her passing out during the ceremony.

              #7 DreaW

              DreaW
              • Banned
              • 2,462 posts

                Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

                I really liked our wedding set up, I think it is on my wedding slideshow link....take a look :)

                #8 adias.angel

                adias.angel
                • Member
                • 719 posts

                  Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DreaW
                  I really liked our wedding set up, I think it is on my wedding slideshow link....take a look :)
                  Sorry I am new on here, how do I see that?

                  #9 DreaW

                  DreaW
                  • Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

                    Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by adias.angel
                    Sorry I am new on here, how do I see that?
                    Under my siggy there is a link that says wedding photos by Tomas Barron. Just click on that and it will take you to his site, then click on Andrea and Erik wedding

                    #10 adias.angel

                    adias.angel
                    • Member
                    • 719 posts

                      Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by DreaW
                      Under my siggy there is a link that says wedding photos by Tomas Barron. Just click on that and it will take you to his site, then click on Andrea and Erik wedding
                      LOL I was looking for Drea and erik instead of Andrea and Erik.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users