Somebody stole my restaurant!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

As many of you know, I'm having my reception at a villa and not doing the whole AI thing. So that leaves our choice of restaurants to cater the event pretty wide open. The problem is, very few have websites in St. Lucia, so it's a pain to get menus and price quotes.

FI and I found the perfect place in our price range. The type of food is exactly what we want. Last night, we went through and picked out our whole reception menu and did not argue over a single dish. Today, I was about to e-mail our menu to the chef when he e-mailed me first. He just received confirmation of a wedding going on at the resort the restaurant is at on our day and they can only do one event per day. So our perfect restaurant just disappeared.

Now I have to start over again. The other restaurants I have received menus from I wasn't crazy about and it's hard to find the contact info for some other ones. I do have a wedding coordinator at the villa, so I guess I'll have to start asking her for the info, but I liking researching this stuff myself. I wish I had just e-mailed the chef last night.

#2 boscobel

• VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

Damn, that stinks. So sorry it didn't work out. Damn those other partiers!

#3 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

Oh that really sucks! I hate when that happens! Do you want any help doing research? If you send me the names of places I'll write e-mails or make calls for you. Just tell me what kind of food your looking for and I can make some calls.

#4 jajajaja

• VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:52 PM

Oh that's terrible. I'm so sorry. If it's that important, is moving the wedding date out of the question? Is it even possible?

We had our venue booked on the date we originally planned for. It was so important to us to get married at LC so we moved the date.
          Happily married since 2008

#5 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

That sucks! I was going to suggest moving the date as well, if it's possible.

I think you can still do a lot of the work yourself, but do ask for some input from your WC.

Good luck!

#6 becks

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

Oh Yuck! Let's find out who these other people are and bribe them to go away and leave you your restaurant!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#7 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

The wedding date is pretty set in stone. At least I still have a lot of time. The timing of it just sucked. I will definitely ask you guys for help if I start to really struggle with finding something.

You guys rock!

#8 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

Oh I am so sorry to hear that, I hope you find a better place to have it!
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:36 PM

Sorry to hear this! Have they put a deposit down yet? Maybe you can sneak in and grab it?

#10 Yvette

• 510 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

oh man, good luck finding another place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users