Photo

Help me pick my shoes *updated, page 3*

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

girls, i ordered the flip flops (much cuter in person) and shoes #1, they came and I HATE the shoes, they look so cheap and ugly.

i sent them back today so now i have to find shoes again.

i am thinking of maybe wearing a color like blue or pink - do you think that would cheapen the look of my dress?

#42 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
    • 5,681 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:44 PM

Aww no way, sorry that really stinks! What about going to Nordstroms, Macy's, etc to check out what they have so you can "see/touch" the shoes?

#43 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

I don't think colored shoes cheapens the dress at all. But I had orange shoes, so I guess I am biased. I think colored shoes is very "now".

#44 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carly
          I don't think colored shoes cheapens the dress at all. But I had orange shoes, so I guess I am biased. I think colored shoes is very "now".
          i do too Carly and it's weird b/c i loved your shoes (both pairs) but i can't 'picture' the colored shoes with my dress - i originally had this art deco vision and now i am all messed up LOL

the other thing is i really want to wear dark red nail / toe polish and i keep thinking i should keep everything else very clean looking? what do u think?

HAHAH

#45 Martha

Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

I love colored shoes with wedding dresses...I have been looking for a pink pair!

I am sorry you hated them.... You sent back both pairs?

#46 Leia78

Leia78
            • VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

I really like like the colored shoe idea or maybe a shoe w/ some bling. I think it'll go beautifully, especially since your dress doesn't have a lot of beading or design. Plus as long as you have the hem just right, you'll only see a "hint"/"pop" of that somethin, somethin' under there. If you go w/ a pink or blue shoe...maybe keep the toe nails neutral.

#47 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

Martha - i kept the flip flop wedges for the ceremony - they are cute but the reception shoes i sent back.

#48 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

Well, I had mentioned it before, but my sister wore a really high heel that had just a strip of leopard fabric across the toes and then around the foot area were tiny rhinestones. I loved that! They are so cute. I can take a pic of them if you want. Then you could still do your red nail polish.

I don't know, maybe I am just not traditional AT ALL, cuz I don't think funky shoes means you have to tone down your nail polish. As long as everything is complementary, I think you should be as bright/dark as you want to be.

#49 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carly
                    I couldn't agree more! Carrie Bradshaw and the blue manolo's anybody? Hehe. My shoes are red and I love them. I also was worried that the colored shoe would ruin the feel of the dress but you know what, it all comes down to personality. If you got a fun personality (which you 100% do!) then you can pull anything off. Carly's orange shoes were FABULOUS, especially since our Carly has a great personality.

I say go for the pink or the light blue. I love it. Just don't bother with Bloomingdales b/c I went there and they had nada. I would do Saks since they have that whole zip code for the shoe department now. There has got to be something good there that you like.

#50 Alyssa

Alyssa
                    • 11,793 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

yes, i am going to go look in person. i have some gift cards that are burning a hole in my wallet LOL so i will check Bloomies and Macy's.

Saks is prob too much $$$$ - i really don't want to spend more than $75 since i will prob only wear them for pics and 2 hrs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users