Photo

Iberostar anyone?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 sunandrun

sunandrun
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:44 AM

I am getting married at the Del Mar next summer. At first we were planning on the Lindo but I made a power point with pictures and prices of both resorts to play at our engagement party. Most of our guest felt like the Del Mar was so great and the price are much better! A good thing about the Del Mar is that you have many options if you want to have a private reception. My friends are going down to the Del Mar in 2 weeks. I have a list of pictures I want them to get of the reosrt to help make my planning easier. I will post them when I get them.

#12 jlj1176

jlj1176
    • 100 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

I booked my wedding at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar for June 25, 2009 (I just got the confirmation from the WC that we are all set). The room rates that I received from my travel agent were very reasonable. I looked into the Lindo and the Grand Paraiso and the prices were significantly more expensive.

#13 sschano

sschano
      • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

I am getting married at the Lindo Oct. 5th of this year. I actually wanted the Del Mar initially but those dates were already booked, and we really didn't want to move our date. My biggest concern is of the reception. We are doing an afternoon beach wedding, cocktail party by the pool, dinner, and then the reception. I did not like the looks of the Vitrales room, and had no desire for the disco (yikes, SO not my style) nor the amount of people, so they recommended Los Olas - still outside area by the pool. I wanted something semi-private for dancing, speeches, you know...typical wedding reception stuff. I am looking for pictures, informations, suggestions for anyone has around this. I have been blogging, looking at threads, and visited the iberostar-board.com tons of times but still seem to not find what I am looking for in terms of the whole reception idea. Anything you could post would help. Also, if you have any pictures available I would love to see them.

schanos@hotmail.com

Thanks! -Sarah

#14 Iberostarbride0816

Iberostarbride0816
        • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

HI everyone,
          I am getting married at he Iberostar del Mar on 08-16-08. I've stayed at the Paraiso Beach during Hurricane Wilma in 2005. I walked around the linda but didn't actually stay there. I also stayed at Iberostar Quetzal/Tucan. I have pictures on my Knot bio. i'm not really sure if i can post my bio on here (i'm new to this forum) but feel free to email me abishop26@hotmail.com if you want me to send you some pics of the resort subject: Iberostar pics

These are all gorgeous resorts, and i can't wait to get back there especially for my own wedding.

Honestly, I don't feel the Lindo is that much better for the price. But to each their own.

Sschano, I wish i could be more helpful, but I don't really know how private it will all be. but feel free to email me when i'm back 08-23-08 and i'll let you know how this all works out. I was able to secure the tropical restaurant at the del mar private reception. If you have a certain amount of guests there should be a private restaurant they can use for your wedding. and if your at the Lindo they are suppose to be top knotch. explain what you want and they are usually accomadating. i can see how you would be hesitant for an afternoon reception. it could be quite crowded. good luck

#15 Shenandoah

Shenandoah
          • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:45 PM

Has anyone booked or gotten married in RM? We are looking to hire an experience photojournalist that is affordable... any suggestions? We are getting married Nov 14 in RM at the Iberostar.

Thanks !

#16 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
            • 415 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:01 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how much it costs to have a vow renewal at the Iberostar resorts? Is it the same price for all their resorts or different at each one? Thanks for your help :)

#17 sunset78

sunset78
              • 1,280 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

I'm going to be Iberostar Grand girl in Nov 2009. Can't wait.

#18 fungirl97

fungirl97
                • 55 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

Are the Iberostar resorts kid friendly? I will be having children from 2-16 there and I just want to make sure that there are things for them to do. I guess as long as there is a pool all is well! Any info would help!

Thanks!

#19 sunset78

sunset78
                  • 1,280 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

All the Iberostar resorts (except the the Grand) is kid friendly. However, the A la cartes restaurants require kids to be 13 and older... the other restaurants (buffets, etc) have no age restriction.

Check out the IBEROSTAR BOARD - IBEROSTAR RESORT REVIEWS, PHOTOS & RESTAURANT MENUS to read more reviews if you like.

#20 Tracy

Tracy
                    • 281 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:25 PM

Very kid friendly - in fact the Del Mar/Beach have a kids program nightly before the entertainment, a kids play area (with pool) and a kids program. We were there in May and there were LOTS of kids there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users