100 Percent Pissed

Kryztan

I am so freakin mad! I dont know what to do anymore. My wedding is in August. I have 13 rooms booked as well as my fi and I. I have no information. I knew that the wedding coordinator is busy, I undersdand. Oasis has 5 resorts and there are 2 coordinators for all of them. My TA informed me that we could get great rates and that it is a great hotel to have a wedding at. Previously to booking I had a hard time getting response from coordinator. TA informed me that as soon as I book it is more serious and they will actually get back with me and answer all of my questions!

I have asked multiple times for simple info. How much is a reception set up? Music for reception? Hour doureves? Flower bouquet costs? Cake Costs? Tables...How many people to a table, round or longhuh.gifhuh.gif I could go on and on....My TA's answer is you usually plan all of that stuff when you get there! WTF!!!?!??!?! Seriously it doesnt seem realistic to get to Mexico and then find out how much extra money you will need to spend on the wedding. It sounds immature and I am pissed! I wrote my TA an email expressing my concerns. Her response was I will contact the head of Funget and they will get answers. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago! I wrote another email asking if we got answers yet a week ago and got nothing back......!!!! I am irate!

I understand that there are some things to choose when I get there and just have my inspirations ready, but I do not understand going there blind of what this will cost.......How am I suppose to budgethuh.gif Please give me some thoughts of what I should do next!

I agree. I would defitenly try to contact someone at the resort ASAP. Call if you can. Eliminate the middle man, the TA. Get on the phone first thing in the morning.

Most coordinators say you can plan everything when you get there. I am not sure if they understand or not that doing that just doesnt sit right with most brides. Unless you have $ like that, then its no issue, but I know for us, I have had to budget and I want to account for everything and anything up front. And planning something as big as a wedding in another country adds a whole other dimension.

Hope you get some answers real soon!

Wow, I would feel the same way. I don't know that I have any good suggestions for you. Has your TA worked with this resort before? If so, she should be able to give you atleast some good estimates as to what it has cost other brides. That's what mine did before we got any info from the resort, but she had used them before for weddings so she had an idea. Otherwise, with it being in August I would expect my TA to get on their a$$es and get me answers. I wouldn't care how she did it as long as she got them! lol I would agree with pp to try calling. My TA says that the best times to reach the WC is usually EARLY in the am before they are running around for the day...

Hope everything works out... I feel your pain.hug2.gif

Oh, man. You have every right to be pissed!

How on earth are you supposed to be planning a wedding without even having an idea of what costs what?

Did they ever send you wedding package costs and the 'extra/not-included in the package' costs sheets?

If not, I strongly suggest youc alling up a manager there to speak with them stat or calling their corporate office.

I know of one bride who was never told the bar alone was $3,000 til much later and another who found out day passes for guests not staying at her resort were $100. EACH PERSON. Insane. Depending on the resort/how big your party is, they will sometimes charge "by the person" per dinner.

Def check these things out before you get down there.

Good luck!

That is just completely insane.

I fully expect that we'll tack on extra stuff when we get there and see the pics, but seriously. THey should be able to send you a document with most of the options and estimates of costs.

Totally unacceptable! I'd be furious too. In fact, I'm furious for you right now! voodoo.gif

Good luck!

I like every one else think its crazy for the WC to expect you to wait until you show up for your wedding to hear the prices of everything! I would call the hotel directly like every one suggested. Your TA recommended the resort and said it was a great place to have a wedding, right? I would ask her if she has any info on prices. She may not have updated prices but it could give you an idea what to expct.