• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#141 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcoop
    Ah, thanks for clarifying the weekend question. I guess that still leaves me needing a symbollic ceremony though. That'll be less stress anyways!
    Jessica, it's definitely less stress to just go symbolic, you don't have to worry about sending all of your paperwork down, getting there a specific amount of time early, and no bloodtests when you get there!

#142 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TA Jill
      Just to clarify you can have a legal wedding on Saturdays, it's Sundays that you can not.
      ok sorry to create the confusion and panic here then. i swear i was told that legal weddings couldn't be held on weekends, which is why we never even tried for a saturday. then at some point i heard saturdays would be ok, but that your marriage certificate would have to bear friday's date. it was all too confusing for me, LOL. our wedding is on a thursday ... we figure every day is saturday in paradise, right?

#143 jcoop

jcoop
      • 47 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:34 AM

Yay! I'm so excited! I now have a date booked AND I booked a photographer! I'm going with Moments that Matter Photography. I love the style of pics they have on their website and their prices are REALLY reasonable.

Next step...decisions about invites/save the dates/who to send them to....ahhhhhh.

#144 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
        • 466 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by epargin
          Me again - sorry about the 3 posts in a row. I'm obviously having a rough morning. I just found this on the Dreams website:

"Mexico requires that you be in the country at least four business days prior. Saturdays, Sundays and Mexican holidays do not count. Your arrival day does not count toward the “business day” requirement. You must arrive four FULL business days prior."

So that answers my question above, that we'll need to arrive Monday. I do not understand why they don't put all of this together in one paragraph.
          Originally, I was having a legal ceremony. I was getting married on Saturday and asked Claudia if it was OK that I arrived on Tuesday. She said it was fine. Best thing to do is ask.

#145 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jcoop
            Yay! I'm so excited! I now have a date booked AND I booked a photographer! I'm going with Moments that Matter Photography. I love the style of pics they have on their website and their prices are REALLY reasonable.

Next step...decisions about invites/save the dates/who to send them to....ahhhhhh.
            could you post their prices or PM them to me?

#146 jcoop

jcoop
            • 47 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

This is the price list that they sent me:

Full Package includes:

- Full day coverage

Bride and Groom Preparation

Ceremony

Candids

Group/Family Pictures

Bride/Groom pictures

Details: Flowers/Candles/Resort

Reception

First Dance

Cake cutting

Party Pictures

- 2 photographers
              - Approximately 800 full resolution digital photos on DVD

- Online slideshow to share with family and friends

- Digital enhancing of every picture. Color correction, B&W, Sepia and custom artistic effects (see website)
              - Slideshow DVD of your pictures with music (Professional laser inscribed DVD’s)
              - Extra Enhancements! (Special requests for customized digital effects)

*** No hidden fees ***

$2000.00

Half Day Package includes:
              - Half day coverage

Ceremony

Candids

Group/Family Pictures

Bride/Groom pictures

- 2 photographers
              - approximately 500 full resolution digital photos on DVD
              - Digital enhancing of every picture. Color correction, B&W, Sepia and custom artistic effects (see website)
              - slideshow DVD of your pictures with music (Professional laser inscribed DVD’s)

$1200.00

Other services:

Engagement Shoot
              - 2 to 3 hours of you and your fiance. Popular settings include 5th Avenue Playa Del Carmen and Tulum Ruins/Beach!

In Combination with Full day package, $350

Otherwise, $600.

Trash the Dress
              - 2 to 3 hours "trashing" your dress after the wedding. Some popular shots are: laying together on the beach, kissing in the water, jumping in the pool, etc.

Otherwise, $600.

Girls Day Out
              - 2 to 3 hours of you and your bridesmaids having fun in the sun. Fun group shots of you and the girls on the beach, in the water, or whatever you choose!

Otherwise, $600.

Extra Laser Inscribed DVD's
              - Can be pre-ordered for $25 each

#147 jcoop

jcoop
              • 47 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:07 PM

This is the price list that they sent me:

Full Package includes:

- Full day coverage

Bride and Groom Preparation

Ceremony

Candids

Group/Family Pictures

Bride/Groom pictures

Reception

First Dance

Cake cutting

Party Pictures

- 2 photographers
                - Approximately 800 full resolution digital photos on DVD

- Online slideshow to share with family and friends

- Slideshow DVD of your pictures with music (Professional laser inscribed DVD’s)
                - Extra Enhancements! (Special requests for customized digital effects)

*** No hidden fees ***

$2000.00

Half Day Package includes:
                - Half day coverage

Ceremony

Candids

Group/Family Pictures

Bride/Groom pictures

- 2 photographers
                - approximately 500 full resolution digital photos on DVD
                - slideshow DVD of your pictures with music (Professional laser inscribed DVD’s)

$1200.00

Other services:

Engagement Shoot
                - 2 to 3 hours of you and your fiance. Popular settings include 5th Avenue Playa Del Carmen and Tulum Ruins/Beach!

Otherwise, $600.

Trash the Dress
                - 2 to 3 hours "trashing" your dress after the wedding. Some popular shots are: laying together on the beach, kissing in the water, jumping in the pool, etc.

Otherwise, $600.

Girls Day Out
                - 2 to 3 hours of you and your bridesmaids having fun in the sun. Fun group shots of you and the girls on the beach, in the water, or whatever you choose!

Otherwise, $600.

Extra Laser Inscribed DVD's
                - Can be pre-ordered for $25 each

#148 CanadaBride

CanadaBride
                • 19 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
                  Jessica, it's definitely less stress to just go symbolic, you don't have to worry about sending all of your paperwork down, getting there a specific amount of time early, and no bloodtests when you get there!

We are thinking symbolic is easier. We don't have to prove that we are married or anything do we? We were thinking of lying to the family and saying we were getting married, not telling them it was symbolic, and doing the legal stuff when we get back, but I am worried that the resort might need something given they call it a vow renewal. Does anyone know anything about this?

#149 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CanadaBride
                    We are thinking symbolic is easier. We don't have to prove that we are married or anything do we? We were thinking of lying to the family and saying we were getting married, not telling them it was symbolic, and doing the legal stuff when we get back, but I am worried that the resort might need something given they call it a vow renewal. Does anyone know anything about this?
                    You don't have to give them anything to prove that you're married and you're family and friends won't know the difference. They still have you have 4 "witnesses" sign it and you get a certificate. You would never know it's not a "real" ceremony.

#150 bbpacco

bbpacco
                    • 146 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

Quote:
                      You don't have to give them anything to prove that you're married and you're family and friends won't know the difference. They still have you have 4 "witnesses" sign it and you get a certificate. You would never know it's not a "real" ceremony.
                      Hi Jill, quick question, for the '4 witnesses' who sign, are they going to be my guest/parents, or provided by Dreams??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users