Photo

wedding requirements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ashley9078

ashley9078
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Anyone from NJ getting married in Jamaica maybe you will know this. Do we have to get married legally in the states before we get married in Jamaica?

#2 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
    • 584 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

Hi! I'm from Canada and have not read any information that you have to get married here first.

I'm not sure if you have this document or not..it's for ROR.

Attachment 1999

Let me know if this is useful

Attached Files

#3 currier73

currier73
      • 154 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

I live in PA and I am not getting married here first. I was told that our marriage will be legal in the States. I do know that you will have to wait awhile to receive your documents (about 15 weeks).

#4 Bride010101

Bride010101
        • 1,547 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by currier73
          I live in PA and I am not getting married here first. I was told that our marriage will be legal in the States. I do know that you will have to wait awhile to receive your documents (about 15 weeks).
          Yep I believe that most of the states recognize the wedding as legal. Lots of couples choose to not marry ahead of time and have Jamaica as their one, true ceremony. Maybe for peace of mind you could call your local courthouse to make sure your specific state recognizes it.

The only thing to note, is that some resorts require you to be on the island for certain lengths of time before marrying you. For ex. ROR requires 2 business day - not counting arrival day to be married though... however some girls have been able to wave this

#5 msasfraz

msasfraz
          • 392 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:58 PM

thanks for the info........i was able to get my 2 day requirement waived due to miscommunication with Valeria/Chandalyn @ the resort prior to booking.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users