Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,047 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

That's such a good review! Have you also tried any of the MAC glosses? (not the lustergloss) I love them. I apply a coat in the morning, and it lasts until close to lunch time. I also find that it wears really nicely. It doesn't leave any streaks, or flakes, and doesn't dry out my lips at all. Plus, they have alot of pigment so the color really pops.

#12 SunBride

SunBride
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

I always use cover girl outlast for special occasions, but I have never used the double lipshine version, just the normal version (the color and topcoat come in two seperate sticks rather than one double-sided stick like this one). I LOVE the staying power (you have to use something oil based to take it off, I use just chapstick) my lipstick is always still perfect the next day! And if you keep re-applying the top coat it doesn't get too dry. My only problem is I always have trouble finding colors I like. I've bought like 7 different ones adn I'm not crazy about any of them! I usually end up mixing them up to try to get something lighter or darker.

My sister and SIL had the costco brushes for my wedding (my photographer even got a nice picture!) but when I went to costco the following week to buy them they didn't have any I thought it was maybe just one of their one time items they only sell for a few weeks, but if you got them recently, I'll keep checking. I spent that much at the drugstore just to get 3 no-name brushes in a case that isn't nearly as nice

#13 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

Thanks so much for the review! I am definitely heading to Target and buying some Cover Girl.

#14 Tamster808

Tamster808
      • 193 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for sharing. I have not even got this far.

#15 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
        • VIP Member
        • 3,405 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

So, I tried all of my new makeup on on Sunday for my shower to see how it would wear for a full day of activities. Everything stayed on perfect, especially the eye makeup. I got a bit shiny so I used the powder throughout the day and that did the trick. Anyways.... I did take pics for ya'll that had asked! Here is what it will look like......
          Click the image to open in full size.

#16 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

How cute are you? What a great review of makeup! Wish I had it before my wedding, although mine worked out jsut fine. I have serioulsy buckets and buckets of makeup and I only wear mascara, eye-liner and chapstick. Occasionally gloss. I always hate what I buy, so some guidance would've been helpful.

#17 angitalia23

angitalia23
            • 1,029 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

Awesome make-up review Thanks! I need to go shopping now!
              Anthony & Angela
              19 June 2008

#18 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

geez amy you look great! i wish i could figure out how to apply makeup as well as you!!!!

#19 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
              • 794 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:40 PM

Your make up looks great and you are just beautiful! I still haven't gone out and bought the cover girl outshine yet but I plan on it!
                HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
                http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#20 Tamster808

Tamster808
                • 193 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for posting the pics. I love the eye especially. I will be checking it out. I have used Laura Mercier before and was happy with her products. Thanks again for sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users