Sign in to follow this  
MaureenM618

Rockhouse Hotel in Negril, Jamaica

Hey girls! I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been so busy with school and work. We're still trying to find our dream destination. We were thinking of an AI resort in Mexico but I found the Rockhouse in Jamaica and I really like it. What do you girls think?? The website is The Rockhouse Hotel - a small, secluded hotel in Negril, Jamaica. Give me your opinions. Thanks!!

i know someone getting married there in march. it is a beautiful resort BUT some things to think about: no kids allowed and if you have older folks there it will be harder for them to navigate.

that might be a better honeymoon location. What about an AI in jamaica and then moving to this resort?

We thought about getting married there when Jamaica was still an option for us. The downsides we found are that it was too small for the number of guests we wanted, it's not as much fun to lay out on rocks, no kids, and it's a long way from the airport.

PERFECT for a honeymoon though!

We most likely will not be having any children, just my fiance's brother and sister who will be 18 & 17 years old. I won't be having any older adults either. Our oldest guest will be about 40 years old. I'm not sure about all inclusive. I want my wedding to be a little more personal and I feel that some of the AI's have too many weddings a day. Also there seems to be a greater cost for an AI. I figured out that an AI will cost ~$2,000 per couple where Rockhouse would cost ~$1,200. I don't think my guests will spend $800 in food and drinks in 4 days. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to learn too. I also don't want my guests to have sticker shock when they first see the price of an all inclusive. Thanks!

I seen those profiles OneLove. Those profiles on The Knot helped me find The Rockhouse. Thanks!

I will probably have about 20 guests. You're right laying out on the rocks is not as much fun, but I loove how you can jump off the cliffs into the water. It would be a great honeymoon spot. If we decide not to have our wedding there maybe we'll keep it in mind for our honeymoon. How far is it to the airport?

I just remember we flew into Montego Bay and stayed on the beach in Negril. It was about a 45 minute ride - and the ride was over bumpy/curvy roads. I just didn't think FI's grandparents would do too well with that rough of a ride. That was about 10 years ago though so there could be big differences now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
I just remember we flew into Montego Bay and stayed on the beach in Negril. It was about a 45 minute ride - and the ride was over bumpy/curvy roads. I just didn't think FI's grandparents would do too well with that rough of a ride. That was about 10 years ago though so there could be big differences now.
I was there in July and the roads are still awful. Our ride was two hours. I couldn't wait to get off the bus lol.

Thanks for your opinions. My guests have decided they want to do an AI resort in Jamaica or Mexico for 4 nights. They're looking to spend ~$1,500 with airfare per couple from JFK. I think I'm leaning more towards Jamaica because off the legal requirements.