Photo

Hair cut for men!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cuata2pink

cuata2pink
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:28 AM

Does anybody know of a babershop in PV to cut my fiance's hair? Please let me know any info.
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virginia

#2 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
    • 1,574 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

My hubby is a stylist who cuts men's hair - but he works at a salon, not a barbershop ... I have seen a couple of barbershops in town but I can't think of where they are - next time I'm walking around I'll pay closer attention and let you know -BUT, just so you know, the barbershops are really "local" in flavor - not that that's bad, but they won't be upscale (just so you know). Cuts there are super cheap ... I think like $40 or $50 pesos (like 4 or 5 dollars).

#3 cuata2pink

cuata2pink
      • 54 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

thats ok he didnt want to get his hair cut at a salon he has really really short hair almost nothing so they cant really mess it up hahaha.. thanks for the info please let me know of a barber shop near the sheraton or malencon if possible.Thanks again!!!

Virginia

#4 cuata2pink

cuata2pink
        • 54 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:13 PM

Hi Mishka,

How much does you husband charge for mens hair cuts, i was menting it to my fiance and he was intrested. Thank you!

Virginia

#5 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
          • 1,574 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:37 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cuata2pink
            Hi Mishka,

How much does you husband charge for mens hair cuts, i was menting it to my fiance and he was intrested. Thank you!

Virginia
            His salon is pricey - I think it's like $200 pesos (about $20 dollars) - they're in a ritzier area of town. I live around the area you mentioned - just a few blocks from the Sheraton actually, so I'll keep my eyes out ... I know there's a girl who has a little salon a few blocks from me and I think she only charges about $50 pesos ($5 dollars) or maybe even less for a hair cut ... when I'm out and about later this week I'll keep my eyes peeled! :)

#6 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
            • 1,574 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cuata2pink
              Does anybody know of a babershop in PV to cut my fiance's hair? Please let me know any info.
              THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virginia
              I'm not ignoring you, I promise! I've just had a busy week. The place I told you about is about 5 blocks east of the Sheraton - I believe she charges $50 pesos (about $5 dollars) for a man's trim.

How you get there....right across from the Sheraton there's the stadium el estadio) ... it's really a track and field with a space in the middle for soccer. The street you want runs RIGHT ALONG the stadium on the south side. It's called "Brasilia". You follow Brasilia east about 5 blocks. The salon is RIGHT ON the corner of Brasilia and Bolivia, right across from the Stadium. She's super nice - does not speak any English. Just ask her:

"Cuanto cuesta (cue is the "que" sound in "question" - so "que-eh-sta") para un corte (cor-teh) para hombres?"

I hope that was helpful! I didn't see any place else close by but I've been to her before (before my hubby was a stylist) and she's pretty good and her rates use to be amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users