Trash-The-Dress Poll!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 mvee1025

• 155 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

We were going to against my FI wishes lol.  At the end we did not mainly because we started to put together a schedule and couldn't fit it in.  When you have a group with you,  its hard to get a way for an entre day.

#62 diadiamond

• 242 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 24, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Varadero
    • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

I'm going to start by saying that everyone has an opinion and there is no right or wrong answer.  For brides who love the TTD and want one all the power to you, it's your day and your dress you should do what you want.  Personally, I'm not a fan of the TTD.  After spending a significant amount of money on my wedding dress I don't want it to get ruined.  I also want to wear it to my at home reception as well.  That's just my opinion.

My Planning Thread:

#63 LissaSou

• 174 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 6, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

I've seen some beautiful TTD shoots done in the cenotes in Mexico. I hope we can work it into the budget!

#64 jackshayne0123

• 213 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Blau Varadero Cuba
    • LocationCalgary AB Canada

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:47 AM

We did TTD and it was AWESOME!!! I has reluctant at first because I didn't want to get my beautiful precious dress wet or ruin it, but my hubby was on board and he convinced me. I spoke with other brides who did it, and after dry cleaning their dresses it came out as good as new, so I decided why not? We only get married once. I am so happy we did it, it was so much fun, we got some amazing photos, they all turned out so well! We did the shoot the second week we were in Cuba on our honeymoon, and it was only a 2 hour shoot, it didn't take up our whole day, and by doing it on our honeymoon we didn't take time away from our guests after the wedding. We were only going to pick a few photos from the photographer, but he did such an amazing job, they all were awesome, we decided to take all 700 photos for $350. Can't beat that!!!

I had my dress dry cleaned when we got home and it's as good as new!! You can't even tell. I wore it to our AHR and you'd never know that we did TTD. I am so happy we did it!! Ladies you should reconsider, it's only water! As long as the sand isn't too muddy, and you don't go all out with paint or splashing daquiri's like some TTD sessions, a little water won't hurt it I promise :)

Have fun!!!

#65 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
    • Vendor
    • 1,243 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Hola wedding planners! "Trash" is such a harsh word, we prefer "rinse", haha. Even better, as the Brits say "Rock the Frock". The cenotes here are fresh water and generally the dresses come out cleaner than they went in (after the wedding the hems are often dirty from walking around, wine stains, food stains, etc..). Many brides bring a different dress (or dresses!) for the shoots. It is a great way to have an adventure with your new husband/wife. 

Here are some of our recent trash the dress photos in the Riviera Maya...

Happy to answer any questions you may have!

#66 mysticjade

• 80 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands, Montego Bay, Jamaica
      • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

Happy to answer any questions you may have!

Wow, Indian bride here and I've never been a fan of the TTD (I plan on donating my white dress to Brides Against Breast Cancer after the wedding) but hadn't thought about trashing my lengha...hmm!

#67 kellisbaby

• 238 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 12, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Excellence Punta Cana
      • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

I am SO hoping to fit this into the budget!!!

#68 Traci Felton

Traci Felton
      • 150 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

I don't know. Maybe I'm old fashion but I'd like to save my dress for my daughter. But its not like she'd wear it. Or just have it to pull out so she can see it and not just in pictures. Also I am thinking of wearing my dress for the AHR for a little while. So I'm still split.

I think your daughter will want to pick out her own dress. 

#69 FutureMrsGlover

• 284 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 10, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

I have decided against the TTD.....I know it is strange but I don't want water and sand in my dress.

#70 KathyandEthan

• 170 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
        • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

I'm torn with this decision. I guess we will see if fits in the budget

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users