Wedding Gowns - You VS Model

Uggh you all look so good in your dresses. I am 99% happy for you guys and 1% jealous. Melissa I am so glad you picked that dress, it was my favorite and you look so good on it. Okay now I am 85% happy for you guys and 15% jealous. Janet my FI thinks you look like one of the happiest brides he has ever seen. I am now 64% happy for you guys, 36% jealous. Edyta you will love your dress when you are all done up, have your hair done, makeup etc. And you should be happy that you look skinnier than the model. Okay I am officially 20% happy for you guys, 80% jealous. And Tammy your dress is gorgeous. I think what happens is that the more you try a dress on, or look at yourself in a picture of it, you get sick of it and the dress starts to look ordinary and you start to hate it. So don't even look at pics of the dress, or think about your dress. Officially 100% jealous and I must now go shove a toothbrush in my throat and vomit my dinner. Luv ya guys!

-Glenda

Glenda OMG you crack me up. In that photo where I look so "happy"? I was high on like 14 cold medicines!

Quote:
Janet I hope you don't mind I went to your site to see your other pictures too. Your photographer did a wonderful job. You look so pretty and your wedding looked very romantic! I want to do red as my color too! I think it looks sharp with all the greenery... it really stands out. Amazing!

Where did you stay?

Melissa - thank you! Actually, my color was a dark pink, but those dresses totally photographed as red. weird! Oh well, I don't mind red! I loved the contrast with the green and I just liked having bright colors in a country like Mexico.

Oh, and we stayed at the Cabo Surf for the wedding and Casa del Mar for the honeymoon. Loved them both! (Trying to convince hubby to go back for our anniversary haha!)

I am totally sick of looking at wedding dresses on models! I think that's one of the reasons I still havn't totally decided on a dress yet! I guess that I just need to go in and start trying them on instead of looking at all of the pictures! But, as soon as I find the perfect one (on me!) then I will be sure to post it!!!

You all look wonderful!

i hear ya - it depresses me to compare myself to a 6' tall, 95 pound model - but good think FI doesn't like those skinny girls - he likes the "athletic" type!

Also a good thing for me that this model looks like she has to go pee (as someone else so acurately stated earlier) - it's easier to compare to. I so wish I had my dress, I'd pose this same way for you guys!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...yimg&imgid=275

Wedding dresses and planning advice | Brides.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
i hear ya - it depresses me to compare myself to a 6' tall, 95 pound model - but good think FI doesn't like those skinny girls - he likes the "athletic" type!

Also a good thing for me that this model looks like she has to go pee (as someone else so acurately stated earlier) - it's easier to compare to. I so wish I had my dress, I'd pose this same way for you guys!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...yimg&imgid=275

Wedding dresses and planning advice | Brides.com
ann it won't let me see the picture of you in your dresshuh.gif

Edyta, Janet you guys look great!

Okay, here's mine (Janet, this model weighs about 100 pounds less than me too... well not 100 but a lot!). The model looks different in the dress - better in some places (tiny waist, long legs) worse in others (she's flat chested and I'm not wink.gif)

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.