Photo

Should I have a MARIACHI BAND or a TRIO?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

Well I'm leaving work now, so I'm sure you'll be ahead of me in a matter of minutes. One of my dog's Birthday is today so were going to take the dogs to go get yogert.. LOL.. So I'll probably be off for the rest of the night.. :-)

#42 jpkw

jpkw
    • VIP Member
    • 1,650 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

I'm joining this post late, but I am going with a Mariachi band. We will have just a few of them play at the ceremony and have the whole band play for cocktail hour. I have so many kids that will be there and I think the idea of a mariachi is so much fun and festive and gives it more of an authentic mexican feel. And I figure since we are in Mexico it's the only time you can really have a mariachi band...!

as for what type of music, i'm going to ask Maye what she suggests. i hired the mariachi on my own and they speak limited english so i'm hoping Maye can help me determine what type of music should be played for the ceremony. as with sarah & christa, i'm just going with it!!!

#43 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

I just thought I'd post a follow-up to this thread. We ended up hiring the Mariachi Los Cabos International Mariachi Trio for 2 hours. Well, imagine my surprise when I came down the aisle with my dad to the most wonderful music, but looked over and saw an 8 piece Mariachi band! When I paid them I told them I'd only negotiated a price for a trio for 2 hours and he said- "I know, that's ok!" So, I don't understand exactly how I ended up with a full band, except that I did tell them about the forum and that it they did a good job for me that I could probably recommend a lot of business to them. I'm not sure, but the mariachi band was awesome- my guests were very impressed, and everyone loved them. Now that I have heard a trio and a band, the band makes a MUCH bigger impression- and looks cool too. So, if you can afford it, spring for the band!

#44 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

Sarah, do you know what the Jazz trio is? That's what we ended up going with. I have no idea if they will be good.

#45 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

I've never even heard of it, but it sounds cool!

#46 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:38 PM

well I guess I'll let you know in a couple weeks.. :-)

#47 JessicaM

JessicaM
              • Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:41 PM

Sarah,
                Do you have their contact information? Also I have been trying to find your review....the one tread that I saw someone post wont let me access it....where can I find it??

Jessica

#48 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
                  I just thought I'd post a follow-up to this thread. We ended up hiring the Mariachi Los Cabos International Mariachi Trio for 2 hours. Well, imagine my surprise when I came down the aisle with my dad to the most wonderful music, but looked over and saw an 8 piece Mariachi band! When I paid them I told them I'd only negotiated a price for a trio for 2 hours and he said- "I know, that's ok!" So, I don't understand exactly how I ended up with a full band, except that I did tell them about the forum and that it they did a good job for me that I could probably recommend a lot of business to them. I'm not sure, but the mariachi band was awesome- my guests were very impressed, and everyone loved them. Now that I have heard a trio and a band, the band makes a MUCH bigger impression- and looks cool too. So, if you can afford it, spring for the band!
                  That's awesome, and good to know - thanks!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users