Photo

Should I have a MARIACHI BAND or a TRIO?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#11 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:04 PM

can the mariachi play ceremony music? I want whatever I get to be for the ceremony and cocktail hour. such a hard decision!

#12 BRENDASTAR

BRENDASTAR
    • 98 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:46 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jilly76
      can the mariachi play ceremony music? I want whatever I get to be for the ceremony and cocktail hour. such a hard decision!
      Yea I'm with you....want to make it work for both ceremony and cocktails. I'm curious to know if you are able to make ceremony song requests or how that works?

#13 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:26 AM

I voted trio only because I don't think that the mariachi brings enough extra value to be worth it. Better to err on the side of:

-less money
        -less overwhelming
        -more romantic
        -better ratio of muscians to guests

#14 cancun1007

cancun1007
        • Banned
        • 60 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:06 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JANET1111
          I voted trio only because I don't think that the mariachi brings enough extra value to be worth it. Better to err on the side of:

-less money
          -less overwhelming
          -more romantic
          Ditto for me... I could not have said it better myself & exactly the reason we are having a trio
          [SIGPIC][/sigpic]
          T minus 9 months and counting....

#15 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:53 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JANET1111

-less money
            -less overwhelming
            -more romantic
            I thank everyone for their comments so far. Janet, your's sums up my feelings pretty well. I think I'm now leaning toward the trio, where I started in the beginning really wanting a full Mariachi band.

#16 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:54 AM

Sarah, I definitly vote for the Trio, it just seems more romantic for the ceremony and more laid back for the cocktail hour. :)
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#17 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:39 AM

Well sarah, I'm glad you started this thread, because I too had always wanted the mariachi and now I'm leaning towards the trio as well.

#18 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL
                  this sounds perfect - do you have their contact info?
                  Sarah - I've reserved them through my coordinator, Maye Cortinas. Unfortunately I do not have their specific info.

#19 lambert13

lambert13
                  • 901 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:48 PM

A good mariachi band can play all sorts of music. At a resort I stayed at in Cancun, they had a house Mariachi band that would play soft, melodic music during dinner then later on at the outdoor patio bar they would play upbeat festive music.

Since it is just going to be Karen and I at the ceremony, I dont think we are doing either choice. We would be outnumbered either way . A solo guitarist is also an option.

#20 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

I am going to revive this thread, because now I am faced w/the same question ... mariachi or trio?

Here's what I am thinking, and questions I have -- I like the idea of live music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and probably even dinner. But then we'd probably get a DJ for the rest of the night.

I don't know if I should get a mariachi or trio. I feel like the mariachi would be more "fun and festive" but maybe it's unnecessary. And the mariachi is a lot more expensive. Would the trio be too low key for the cocktail hour? Also, what kind of music would either of them play for the ceremony - did any of you girls or guys have a mariachi or trio for the ceremony?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users