Jump to content

Photo

Flowers for hair?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,830 posts

    Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

    Hi, does anyone know of a good place to get nice flowers for the Bms to wear behind their ear or perhaps like a clip on??

    #2 nolaroy724

    nolaroy724
    • Jr. Member
    • 308 posts

      Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:53 PM

      I ordered my flower from this place. Sort of pricey but beautiful. I got it in about 2 weeks. They are in Canada.
      Lifelike Silk Wedding Flowers: Artificial Bridal Floral Arrangements Of Top Quality

      My Divas Closet has some more inexpensive options that would be good for Bms.
      Flower Hair Clips, Silk Flower Hair Clips, Hair Pins and Accessories

      I know some girls have ordered flower clips from this company as well.
      FLOWER CLIP :: Hand Picked Silk Flower Hair Clips and other Floral Accessories

      #3 LadyCheese

      LadyCheese
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,830 posts

        Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by nolaroy724
        I ordered my flower from this place. Sort of pricey but beautiful. I got it in about 2 weeks. They are in Canada.
        Lifelike Silk Wedding Flowers: Artificial Bridal Floral Arrangements Of Top Quality

        My Divas Closet has some more inexpensive options that would be good for Bms.
        Flower Hair Clips, Silk Flower Hair Clips, Hair Pins and Accessories

        I know some girls have ordered flower clips from this company as well.
        FLOWER CLIP :: Hand Picked Silk Flower Hair Clips and other Floral Accessories
        Thanks so much...I will check those places out! :)

        #4 Celina

        Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

          Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

          Hi Girlie!
          Did you try FLOWER CLIP :: Hand Picked Silk Flower Hair Clips and other Floral Accessories ?

          I was going to make mine, but I can not find any of the alligator clips to glue the flowers on! I have tried Michaels and Jo Ann Crafts and Walmart and nothing! I am keeping my eyes open. It seemed more cheaper. I think the rose I wanted for my hair at Davids was almost $30! That was nuts! Let me know if you find anything. I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg. One of my FSIL's said we should make a bunch of different clips and just wear a different one every day ~ I thought that was a good idea, so now I'm looking for different flowers. Good luck!
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

          #5 LadyCheese

          LadyCheese
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,830 posts

            Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:09 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
            Hi Girlie!
            Did you try FLOWER CLIP :: Hand Picked Silk Flower Hair Clips and other Floral Accessories ?

            I was going to make mine, but I can not find any of the alligator clips to glue the flowers on! I have tried Michaels and Jo Ann Crafts and Walmart and nothing! I am keeping my eyes open. It seemed more cheaper. I think the rose I wanted for my hair at Davids was almost $30! That was nuts! Let me know if you find anything. I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg. One of my FSIL's said we should make a bunch of different clips and just wear a different one every day ~ I thought that was a good idea, so now I'm looking for different flowers. Good luck!
            Hey Celina...I checked out that site, thx. Are you planning to use regular silk flowers to make yours? I'm surprised Michaels doesnt sell those clips there....hmmm, if I see them in my travels I will let you know. yikes, $30 is a bit steep.

            #6 Celina

            Celina
            • Banned
            • 2,811 posts

              Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:38 PM

              Yeah, they are just the regular silk. The one for my hair for the wedding was one that was more life like where it feels real and you can see the veins in the petals. It was like $5 but with a half off coupon ...ya know the rest! :)
              "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

              #7 MissyR

              MissyR
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,210 posts

                Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

                Nolaroy724 - Which hair flower did you order if you don't me asking?

                #8 Jenn

                Jenn
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,557 posts

                  Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

                  I got mine on Ebay. Check out seller - gabbymacdesigns. I bought 2 orchids and a gardenia from her and they were fantastic. They arrived quickly, and also ship to Canada if needed.

                  Also... check out this thread - it has TONS of pics for ideas and different places that girls have gotten their flowers... http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t9521

                  #9 LadyCheese

                  LadyCheese
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,830 posts

                    Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jenn
                    I got mine on Ebay. Check out seller - gabbymacdesigns. I bought 2 orchids and a gardenia from her and they were fantastic. They arrived quickly, and also ship to Canada if needed.

                    Also... check out this thread - it has TONS of pics for ideas and different places that girls have gotten their flowers... http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t9521
                    thx for the site, i will check her out also. do you remember how much shipping was? TIA

                    #10 jamisoncollette

                    jamisoncollette
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,257 posts

                      Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

                      I also used Gabbymac designs. Shipping to NY was $13 and I ordered two large orchids and four small ones for the flower girl. The ad said they were real touch flowers so it is the latex stuff. FI is thinking of using one for his boutoneirre they seem so real.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users