Witnesses

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chicklet

chicklet
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

Hi Girls,

Filling out my form to confirm my wedding at Riu Ocho Rios. Did anyone use a family member as a witness?? I thought I read somehwhere that family members weren't allowed to be witnesses
    For those that have already been married, did all four people you wrote down have to sign as a witness

Help on this one would be appreciated :)

#2 T&N

T&N
    • 141 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:31 AM

I'm not sure, but it would be a good thing to know. Help us out ladies ....

#3 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
      • 1,209 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

Oh crap! That could be a problem for us... ok 3rd b2b waiting for help from more experienced forum friends :)

#4 SunBride

SunBride
        • 1,499 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:54 AM

I got married in the mayan riviera and I was allowed to use our 4 parents as witnesses. I was also concerned because I knew some places didn't allow family members, but obviously our area does (might not be the entire mayan riviera, but it would be the same for Playa Del Carmen area because that's what's marked on our certificate even though we got married in Tulum)

#5 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
          • 933 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

just got married, when i filled out the online form, i listed my parents as witnesses. when I had to sign the certificate after the ceremony, they had both of our fathers as witnesses. hope this helps!
            My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#6 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by amandalovesryan
              just got married, when i filled out the online form, i listed my parents as witnesses. when I had to sign the certificate after the ceremony, they had both of our fathers as witnesses. hope this helps!
              Thanks ALR..I was worried as I was listing my FH's brother as one of the witnesses. All the rest are friends but I was concerned about him.
              You wanna list people that you know are going forsure!!
              So u need only two witnesses then ..that's weird they make you list four.
              Thanks the help..you're super! :)

#7 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
              • 584 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

I too filled out my form using our siblings as witnesses and they never said anything to me about it. Sounds like it's not a big deal after all

#8 Birdie07

Birdie07
                • 1,218 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:32 PM

Yep family is fine. I asked Chandlyn before I got there. My in-laws were my witnesses. And they don't have to be there 48 hours. Just have to be present at your wedding!

#9 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
                  • 1,209 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:36 PM

Phew!

We're going to use in laws and my sister and not sure about the 4th. We need 4 and all witnesses have to be there with us on the Monday (we get married on Friday) with their documents... not sure why, but that's what our WC wants.

#10 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

My sister and my husband's brother were our witnesses, they never said anything about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users