Photo

ATMs in Hawaii

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

Holy crap. Did you know that there are no Bank of America or Chase ATMs in Hawaii? We just did searches for the banks that we deal with in AZ & nada.....no ATMs for those banks. I'm shocked.....2 of the largest banks in America & no branches in Hawaii?!?! Maybe I did my search wrong, but I would be happy to learn in I am wrong about this.

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

I think you are right, I am a BofA customer and don't remember seeing them in Maui or Kauai.

I didn't use a lot of cash in Hawaii, mostly credit card (so I can get points). I did use the ATM in the Sheraton twice for the valet.

#3 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

Hmm that's interesting.. I never really thought about that since obviously no canadian bank machines will be there.. we will probably take xx amount of dollars in cash, then use credit card for the rest.. or suck up the user fees from using ATMs.. heh!

#4 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
        • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:44 PM

Just bummed, because the last time I was in Honolulu (1997) I remember using Bank of America everywhere. I guess we'll just get travellers checks.

#5 aramintha

aramintha
          • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll have to transfer our money to the credit cards which I was trying to stay away from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users