How many gifts to send?

I like giving gifts. When people move I do a little housewarming gift, when they are preggers I do a little gift for the mama etc.. so I would love your input on this.

I was unable to attend a DW in Florida a month ago becuase I am a full time grad student and could not miss class and finals etc and it was on a Thursday. I was osyched that after 8 yrs together the couple was tying the knot and really would have loved to have been there.

But...

I was also surprised to get an invitation to begin with because I have not seen the bride and groom in over two years. They are old friends from work and I knew them both when they were single but I was never super close with either. We don't speak much on the phone and really only communicate through facebook and email every now and then. I did visit them once when they first left NY for Fla. Oh- the bride is also pregnant. I bought a baby gift and a wedding card for them but haven't mailed it yet becuase I am sort of stressing on whether or not to give them some money in the card for their wedding as well as the baby gift. I have no idea if they were registered becuase I think I threw out their wedding invite blush2.gifwhen I realized I wasn't going to attend. Since they are not super close friends fo you think that it's okay to to send the baby gift and $50 in their card or is that tacky. Usually when I attend a wedding I would give $125-$150 but this is not the case. Also, should I give them a check or a gift card? I was thinking Target or something simple like that so they can do whatever they want with it. In an ideal world I would search out a perfect cute sentimental wedding gift for them in that price range but I just don't have the time right now.

What would you do keeping in mind that they are not close friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquetayloca View Post
As a disclaimer... I am young and do not have too much experience with situations like this, but I would not send them any monetary gift. I think a card and a small gift for the baby is perfect.
DITTO! I agree with above!

I was going to say the same thing as Alyssa about trying to look up their registries.

I think a baby gift and a gift card is fine.

I don't think it's tacky at all. In fact, I think it's really thoughtful of you and they should appreciate any gift you send, no matter how small.

I think you would be fine without a wedding present, but if you really want to, you can probably find their registry fairly easily. You can search registries online, and most people use the usuals... Bed Bath and Beyond, Macy's, Bloomies, etc. I would think if you wanted to find it, it would be pretty simple :)

Send them a card and a little gift for the baby.

Dunno if its just me but I'm always suspicious when people i've not seen in years send me a wedding invitation lol my first thought is present grabber lol There again I'm probably just mean lol

I actually could not find a registry on the knot or wedding channel. One little piece that I left out was that when I realized that I would not be able to travel to the wedding I emailed the BM and left her a voicemail and an email (she was the one who was throwing the shower that weekend so I had her info..) BUT she never got back to me! I asked if she could let me know where she had a baby registry and I never got a response. So.. I will send a generous baby gift that I chose when I knew that I couldn't go and a wedding card. Done and done. Thanks ladies!