Photo

Yay! Wedding Plans, Puerto Vallarta 10.14.08

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 karahmia

karahmia
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

My fianc© and I are marrying on October 14, 2008 in Puerto Vallarta. Upon the suggestion of our planner Lisa Vorce (who is absolutely fab, but more on that later) we decided on the Hacienda San Angel in the Romantic Zone of PV. This place is exquisite and the perfect place for our "elopement". Why the quotes? Well, all of our friends and family know our plans, so no secret there! And, we're not planning the traditional elopment. I'm working with my planner to create an event that is intimate and stunning as it is memorable. Check out the details and let me know what you think!

Wedding Location:
    Hacienda San Angel
    It's rich in history as well as full of old Hollywood romance. It's former owner Richard Burton gave it as a Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Wedding Planner:
    Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

*Hair Inspiration:
    Not sure yet how I'll wear my hair, but I have my inspiration. I think something soft and romantic will work well back to my dress.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Wedding Gown: Click the image to open in full size.

Honeymoon: Hacienda De San Antonio
    Some go to the beach, we're going to a volcano, sort of! An absolutely stunning property, it sits within the valley of a live (non-eruptive) volcano. We're going during their "green" (nice word for rainy) season to save on cost. Fortunately for us it's the very end so rain is unlikely!
    *Money saving tip: When booking I noticed we'd be arriving on the day the special expired so I contacted the hotel to see if the dates were flexible. After providing them with our dates they were willing to extend the lower rate to us since we are arriving on a weekday and staying into the next week.

#2 Myda77

Myda77
    • 821 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:05 PM

Everything looks amazing so far! Your honeymoon location looks awesome. I can't wait to see more of your pics.
      Maida & Tomas
      Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

Looks amazing! I've heard of Hacienda San Angel - I think the curator of the Botanical Gardens recommended it but I could be wrong... regardless, it looks beautiful :) Do you have pics of the rooms?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 karahmia

karahmia
        • 163 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:58 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
          Looks amazing! I've heard of Hacienda San Angel - I think the curator of the Botanical Gardens recommended it but I could be wrong... regardless, it looks beautiful :) Do you have pics of the rooms?
          Thanks for the great feedback ladies! Here are some pics of the rooms. The hacienda is comprised of four homes all of which are uniquely decorated with Mexican antiques. I think it will be a very romantic and moving place for us to exchange our vows. When I go down for the site visit I'll be sure to share pics. Enjoy!

Also, if your interested in seeing more of the property, there are links to the site within my posting.

#5 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Wow.. GORGEOUS! Your wedding is going to be amazing.. Congrats!

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

Oh my goodness- that is so beautiful. I just LOVE all 4 rooms. And the view is breathtaking.
              Happily married since 2008

#7 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
              • 530 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

that hotel looks fabulous!!!

#8 karahmia

karahmia
                • 163 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

Thanks again. We haven't figured out which room we will be in yet since we're still waiting for a recommendation from the owner. We're having our wedding dinner on the patio of our room. The hotel has a great view of the nightly fireworks so we're waiting for her to tell us which room as the best view. They also have a mariachi band each night which should be fun and great for pictures! I'll let you know how things progress!

#9 alex

alex
                  • 1,139 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:55 PM

WOW WOW & WOW!!!
                    Looks incredible!!

#10 karahmia

karahmia
                    • 163 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:28 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by karahmia
                      My fianc© and I are marrying on October 14, 2008 in Puerto Vallarta. Upon the suggestion of our planner Lisa Vorce (who is absolutely fab, but more on that later) we decided on the Hacienda San Angel in the Romantic Zone of PV. This place is exquisite and the perfect place for our "elopement". Why the quotes? Well, all of our friends and family know our plans, so no secret there! And, we're not planning the traditional elopement. I'm working with my planner to create an event that is intimate and stunning as it is memorable. Check out the details and let me know what you think!

Wedding Planner:[/B] Oh! How Charming by Lisa Vorce
                      From the moment we spoke I knew she would be a friend for life but after getting into her immensely creative brain I knew she had to be my planner! Check out her site, it's absolutely beautiful!
                      My planner, Lisa Vorce is featured on two blogs today, Style Me Pretty & Design*Sponge. The articles are pretty great! One features Lisa' work and the other her home. Check them out when you have a sec! I gotta support my girl!

Style Me Pretty: Real Wedding by Oh How Charming!
                      Design*Sponge Blog Archive Creative People and their Creative Spaces ~ Lisa Vorce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users