Jump to content

Photo

If You Are Using U2's "Beautiful Day"


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

    Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just Martha
    I heart you Morgan. Seriously, I didn't think anyone would have it. And, you totally didn't have to do it now..but THANK YOU! At least you got one thing marked off your list too!

    Thank you SO much!
    this actually inspired me to get going on putting my music together. It was one of the bigger projects I have left.

    #12 Martha

    Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

      Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

      It is perfect, Morgan!

      I joined that website so I could save the file....I just need to transfer it to my computer so I can get it off my itunes. I can do that later though.

      Again, thank you so much!!!

      #13 townie princess

      townie princess
      • Jr. Member
      • 298 posts

        Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:27 PM

        Eep, I can't believe someone would hack up a U2 song!

        (sorry, I'm a huge fan, and I would make everyone endure every second of every song if I could get away with it)

        FI wanted to play "Window in the Sky" as our first dance song. This was considered the original "Beautiful Day", but I'm really not a big fan of this song (Window in the Sky that is).

        Anyhoo, I'll quietly go back to my corner of the forum and be good now

        Sorcha

        #14 rodent

        rodent

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

          Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:58 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by townie princess
          Eep, I can't believe someone would hack up a U2 song!

          (sorry, I'm a huge fan, and I would make everyone endure every second of every song if I could get away with it)

          FI wanted to play "Window in the Sky" as our first dance song. This was considered the original "Beautiful Day", but I'm really not a big fan of this song (Window in the Sky that is).

          Anyhoo, I'll quietly go back to my corner of the forum and be good now

          Sorcha
          It's just so it starts on "it's a beautiful day" right after you get announced. Only a small part of the song can play as you walk down the asile. If it was the musical intro it wouldn't have the same effect. Hopefully that makes it better to a hard core U2 fan.

          #15 Martha

          Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

            Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

            I am a huge U2 fan which is one of the reasons we are using this song....besides the fact that it will be a "beautiful day!"

            I do not think we are "hacking up" anything...just taking out the intro so the words "it's a beautiful day" will be heard when we are announced. It's to capture the moment. If we don't take out the intro, the words "it's a beautiful day" may not be heard since it only takes a few seconds to walk back the aisle.

            I am pretty sure Bono wouldn't mind.

            #16 townie princess

            townie princess
            • Jr. Member
            • 298 posts

              Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:21 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Just Martha
              I am a huge U2 fan which is one of the reasons we are using this song....besides the fact that it will be a "beautiful day!"

              I do not think we are "hacking up" anything...just taking out the intro so the words "it's a beautiful day" will be heard when we are announced. It's to capture the moment. If we don't take out the intro, the words "it's a beautiful day" may not be heard since it only takes a few seconds to walk back the aisle.

              I am pretty sure Bono wouldn't mind.
              You're right, I'm sure Bono is probably the number one promoter of "recycling" his work into something else!

              I didn't mean to offend anyone by my statement, and I apologize if I did.

              I'm actually now pretty intrigued and inspired by this software, I'll have to see if I can come up with my own U2 music ensemble.

              Sorcha :o)

              #17 LisaG

              LisaG
              • VIP Member
              • 7,839 posts

                Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:39 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan
                It's just so it starts on "it's a beautiful day" right after you get announced. Only a small part of the song can play as you walk down the asile. If it was the musical intro it wouldn't have the same effect. Hopefully that makes it better to a hard core U2 fan.
                I think making is start sooner is a great idea!! We used this song to walk back down the asile too. By the time we got to the end, it had barely started singing, then my mexican trio started playing immediatly.....I was bummed cause you couldn't hear it!! So, great job Morgan! Wish I would have thought of it.

                #18 DJsbride

                DJsbride
                • Newbie
                • 53 posts

                  Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

                  Thank you so much! I've been stressing myself thinking about how I could crop that song because I want to use it either when the ceremony ends, or for the bride and groom entrance! You are a doll :) thanks again

                  #19 tchuchuca

                  tchuchuca
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 361 posts

                    Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:00 PM

                    Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

                    #20 Martha

                    Martha
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

                      Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

                      Morgan, How did this end up working out? Heck, you may not have even noticed it!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users