I'm So Screwed (Gown cost)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:02 AM

If you have your heart set on the Maggie, go to Wedding Dresses, Prom Dresses, Wedding Accessories at BestBridalPrices.com that is where I ordered the Maggie that I originally wanted that I had to cancel because I got pregnant. They have AMAZING prices!

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:09 AM

Click the image to open in full size.

This one?

What is it you love about it? The way it's fitted around the hips? I think you can find something with the same sleek, sexyness for less. I'm looking...

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

Do any of these appeal to you? They are around $200-$300.

Sean Collection Stretch Mesh Halter Gown - Wedding Dresses - Nordstrom

JS Boutique Beaded Crisscross Matte Jersey Gown - Wedding Dresses - Nordstrom

Sean Collection Strapless Embroidered Mesh Gown - Wedding Dresses - Nordstrom

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:27 AM

Here is a bill levkoff dress. I think it's abour 200. I have the short style of it & it's so sexy. I thought the material looked like your dream dress.

#15 kellywinter1

kellywinter1
          • 305 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:05 PM

I think all the dresses Morgan posted had similar qualities to that of your dream dress and they all look fabulous! I think if you can't manage to fit the dress in your budget or compromise other aspects of your wedding to include the dress than finding a dress with similar qualities that could still give you the feeling of being a sexy bride on your day is you best bet.

But remember the thing you are going to remember the most is how you felt that day and how beautiful and sexy you looked, not how big your bouquet was or how detailed your centerpieces were. Plus all of your guest will be centered on you. So I think if anything break the budget I think it should be your dress! Whatever you do I think you should get a dress that makes you feel best in because you will regret it if you don't.

#16 stefnicole

stefnicole
            • 544 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Morgan, you never cease to amaze me with what you can find online.

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by stefnicole
                Morgan, you never cease to amaze me with what you can find online.
                ha ha . I just went to dillards & nordstroms.com & sorted by bridal & then by ivory. I already had the bill levkoff on my computer because I have a dress like it. I absolutely love that dress. I imagine its what makes the maggie dress so flattering. I feel so hot in it :)

#18 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
                • 888 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:33 PM

How much is the similar dress you tried on? Do you know anyone who is good with embellishments who could add more umph to a lower cost dress to make it perfect?

#19 BillysBride

BillysBride
                  • 1,255 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

Morgan, you remain as always, my idol. lol..you amaze me.

I'm trying to convince myself to compromise and get something similar..the way it clings to the hips was initially what made me NOT want to try it on (I'm definitely more Marilyn Monroe than Twiggy and my hips will not budget regardless of what type of exercise I do). I'd been trying to stay away from dresses that were clingy below the waist. As for what I love about it..its..well, just everything. The ruching, the fabric, the embellishments...the knock off I tried on (which I'm using the term knock off for lack of a better one) was a very papery, wrinkly type..not sure what. The only reason it really reminds me of the Maggie is the silhouette and the fact that there are straps. It doesn't have draping embellishment fabric under the boobs or the train. Add to that the fact that there is absolutely no sparkle to it, and it left me cold other than realizing that I could pull off the style and be happy with how I looked.
                    Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                    http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users