Sign in to follow this  
amym567

I am a MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Austin Michael arrived on Thursday at 5:01 p.m.! He weighed 7 lbs. 14 3/4 oz. (now he weighs 7 lbs. 3 1/2 oz.) and he is 20 1/2 inches long. We are so happy with our new baby!!!! He is a very good sleeper so far, hardly ever cries, and is doing really well with breastfeeding.

I had to be at the hospital to be induced on Thursday at 6 a.m. They estimated him to weigh 8 lbs. at my appt. the week before, and because of having gestational diabetes, they knew he could be very big. At my appt. last Tuesday, I was dialted to 2, my cervix was soft, and he was 50% effaced. I was in labor from 9:00 until about 3:30. All was going well until his heart rate started to go down when I was having contractions. I was dialted to about 7 or 8, but he wasn't continuing to drop. The doctor decided at about 4:00 that I needed to have a C-section. They wheeled me into the operating room around 4:45, prepped me, brought Kevin in, and he was born only 16 minutes later!!! I couldn't believe how quick it was! It was so nice to hear that cry!!! They found out the reason his heart rate was going down was because the cord was wrapped around his neck and his leg.

We are SOOO blessed to have our beautiful baby boy! We get to go home tomorrow, and we are so ready!

I just had to share some pix of BDW's 2nd baby of the week!

Click the image to open in full size.

The new family with Great Grandma!

Amy

AMY! He's absolutley adorable! Isn't it just the most amazing experience?! Congratulations to you and your new family.

I think he has daddy's smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
AMY! He's absolutley adorable! Isn't it just the most amazing experience?! Congratulations to you and your new family.

I think he has daddy's smile!
YES! It is amazing how this little person can come into your life and you IMMEDIATELY fall in love!!!!

Hard to say who he's resembling~ will pull out the baby pix when we get home! From what I can remember, he looks like my brother's baby pix over mine!

Need to get some pix with eyes open!

Congratulations, he is adorable. He sort of reminds me of my little guy, although he is 10 months and not so little anymore! They grow up so fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliaA07 View Post
Congratulations. He's quite the cutie. Now he needs to meet Gwen and we could plan a DW wedding in about 20 years wink.gif!!

LOVE IT! How funny!

Congratulations, he is beautiful, absolutely goreous. That the third baby i've heard of this week, DH niece has also had a little boy. I do love babies.