Girls

Can you be honest with me, I am having Juan Carlos do my pics, but I only hired him for 2 hrs. Do you think this is enough time. I dont want any getting ready shots or any pics of the reception. He said he will come a bit before to take some family shots and then do the ceremony. That leaves about an hour for group shots and pics of me and my FI. I am kind of feeling this will be rushed. For those already married how long did you and your hubby take for your pics?

Thanks

Sarahsad.gif

Hi,

If you can afford it, I would definitely suggest booking more time.

You have to count on an average of at least 5 minutes per shot for group shots. That really doesn't leave much time to get pics of the two of you.

You might also consider getting some "getting ready" shots. A lot of people skip those but don't realize how awesome those can be. There is so much aniticipation and excitement - so many real smiles and emotions. Not just with the bride - but with the people she is interacting with. It really tells such an important part of the story of your wedding day.

Also - are you going to want pictures of just you and just your fiance'. If so, you need to plan time for that - preferably before the ceremony.

:)

It's tough to tell, since I think we all hired our photographers for the reception as well. In my opinion that's when you get the best pictures - when every's having fun and relaxed! But again, that's just my opinion - I want my photog with me the entire evening. And since you have to take a boat to leave - I don't think she has a choice (ha! sorry, Leigh)

I think most of the married girls will tell you to get him for longer, I think 5 to 6 hours minimum.

I am spending the most amount of money on Juan. I have hired him for 10 hours and I am also getting the coffee table book so it is going to cost me a small fortune. I know 10 hours is a lot, but my FI said the photog should be the most important thing to us since this is all we will have left when the day is done. He said it is better to be safe than sorry. So I figure this way he can get pics of me getting ready, of the ceremony, reception and I will be able to ensure that I get all the pics I want with family. Also I want fireworks at the end of the night and this way I'll be sure to have him there to get the pics of it. Sometimes I stress about the cost, but I am trying not to think about it. I know in the end I will be so happy with my decision. Personally I would get him for 5 hours. But if you can't afford it, I would say at least 3-4. But if you can cut somewhere else I would, I don't think photography should be a place you should cut back on. But that is just my personal opinion.

-Glenda

it depends on what you want. IMHO you are missing out on some of the best shots of the day by doing away with the getting ready and reception pics. in all honestly the ceremony and family group pics are some of the more organized pics of the day. and thats ok as long as you realize that. the getting ready pics, the reception and the time alone with the couple are where i really capture the couple, their personalities and all that great emotion. now there are good pics to be had during the formals and ceremony but youre basically being directed the entire time. not really a chance to cut loose, be yourselves. here are two slideshows, if the getting ready, reception and couple time were taken out it just wouldnt seem like a complete story to me, but im a photojournalistic wedding photographer. if you cant add more time to your wedding day, maybe consider a day after shoot. even if you have to do it back in the states.

http://www.leighmillerphotography.co..._nate_wedding/

Darkroom SlideShare