Photo

Do You Put the Actual Lemon in Your Drink?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

Like, if you get a lemon with your tea or water, do you put the lemon IN your drink after you squeeze it?

I think it's totally gross, because restaurant workers don't wash the lemons before they give them to you....

Jay just puts it in there and I always tell him not to, but it's usually after he has already done it.

Anyhow.....just wondering!

#2 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

I usually don't do anything with it. I always take it out and set it aside. I hate lemon flavored beverages.

But you are totally right about it being gross because they don't wash them. It probably feel on the floor a million times and all this other gross crap. Actually anytime you eat out you risk some really nasty crap happening to your food. I try not to think about it because if I did, I'd never eat out!

#3 angitalia23

angitalia23
      • 1,029 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

Ya it's probably totally disgusting and gross but I do squeeze and end up putting the entire lemon in there. Your random thought is making me think I should stop that habit...lol
        Anthony & Angela
        19 June 2008

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:49 PM

lol. I sure do. I drink ice water with lemon almost exclusively at restaurants. Rarely will I get a soda or anything other than water (besides beer or wine of course!).

But I always put in the lemon.

Heck, today we ate at Cracker Barrel and she brought me a bowl of sliced lemons and I put like 6 in my water.

uh-oh!

#5 alex

alex
          • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

H-to the -L NO!!!! I know many people who work in restaraunts who all say "DON'T DO IT!"
            I slap Mat's hands if he tries to put it in his water. I can't just the yucky thought of where they've been/what's happened to them out of my mind. But I'm kinda crazy like that. So if you can not think about it, then go for it because it tastes yummy. lol

#6 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
            • 888 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

Technically, servers have to use tongs or wax paper to pick up your lemons, but I know from experience that most don't (unless there's an inspector present!). However, even knowing that, I still do, but I prefer not to have them wrap my food for me. I'm more afraid of that then lemon germs!

#7 Martha

Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sapphire723
                Technically, servers have to use tongs or wax paper to pick up your lemons, but I know from experience that most don't (unless there's an inspector present!). However, even knowing that, I still do, but I prefer not to have them wrap my food for me. I'm more afraid of that then lemon germs!

I worked at a few restaurants in college...we always used our hands. I am not talking about the germs from the servers, I talking about what is already on the lemon since they don't get washed.

I hope you all think of me next time you squeeze your lemon! Except for Jessica since she doesn't use any. :)

#8 Birdie07

Birdie07
                • 1,218 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

There was a post on this before wasn't there? It had the video documentary on lemons at restuarants...hmm I saw that somewhere. After seeing that video I will NEVER touch a lemon at a restaurant! And I specifically tell them not to bring it with my DH's water!

#9 FelicityEve

FelicityEve
                  • 39 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

Gross! I have never even thought about it...and I always put the lemon in!

#10 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                    • 1,830 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

OMG! I always squeeze the lemon and dunk it inside!! Yikes, thx Martha, I wont be doing that any longer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users