Photo

BMs Gifts

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 antonia321

antonia321
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:00 AM

the passport cover is awesome! what girl wouldn't love a gift in a little blue box?!?! especially since you would never buy something like that yourself. its also nice that its small, too. I got my BMs a cute beach/summer bag filled with Bliss stuff but it was super bulky present.

#12 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
    • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

decision, decisions!! Ooooh Bliss products, they must've loved their gift bags...but I see what you mean about carrying bulky stuff.

#13 antonia321

antonia321
      • 122 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

Lady Cheese-

This just came to mind...

I was a BM at a DW in Rome about 6 years ago and the bride got us (and herself!) all Prada travel cosmetics bags in brown with a pretty candle inside. (there is a Prada outlet just outside Rome)

It wasn't exactly this but there are some different ones on Bluefly.

Bluefly - Women's Designer Handbags and Accessories at Bluefly.com - #300174502 - Prada ivory nylon zip small cosmetic bag

Bluefly - Women's Designer Handbags and Accessories at Bluefly.com - #300174402 - Prada ivory nylon zip cosmetic bag

I have to tell you, the candle is long gone now but the bag was the greatest BM gift I ever got that I still use all the time, for traveling, to the gym, etc. Would I ever buy a Prada or any luxury brand cosmetic bag for myself? Uh - no. But it was awesome to get a high quality and useful present that I will keep forever.

I tried to do the same thing for my girls (didn't want to copy as that bride was there) but as I said, my gifts were bulky!

#14 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

I love the passport cover but $100 is a bit much. If they're name brand kinda chicks.. maybe a mini skinny from Coach? It's half the price and helpful on vacation - Coach Official Site - mini skinnys

#15 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
          • 1,881 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

i love the passport cover!!!
            http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#16 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
            • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JennyK
              I love the passport cover but $100 is a bit much. If they're name brand kinda chicks.. maybe a mini skinny from Coach? It's half the price and helpful on vacation - Coach Official Site - mini skinnys
              Its funny you mention the Coach mini-skinnys bc I was looking at those last night and put them on my list as a possible gift for them...plus they have them in brown with a light blue trim and those are my wedding colors!! :)

#17 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
              • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by nikkianddean
                i love the passport cover!!!
                So do I...I may even have to get one for myself, its probably the only Tiffany item I can afford anyway!!

#18 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

Oh these are the Coach ones I had my eye on for the girls

Coach Official Site - SIGNATURE STRIPE WRISTLET

#19 monicaswave

monicaswave
                  • 450 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

I like the passport cover although I have to agree with the girls on the price.....a little steep. But I know you want to take care of your girls and it is something they will keep forever. It's a tough choice.

#20 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                    • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by antonia321
                      Lady Cheese-

This just came to mind...

I was a BM at a DW in Rome about 6 years ago and the bride got us (and herself!) all Prada travel cosmetics bags in brown with a pretty candle inside. (there is a Prada outlet just outside Rome)

It wasn't exactly this but there are some different ones on Bluefly.

Bluefly - Women's Designer Handbags and Accessories at Bluefly.com - #300174502 - Prada ivory nylon zip small cosmetic bag

Bluefly - Women's Designer Handbags and Accessories at Bluefly.com - #300174402 - Prada ivory nylon zip cosmetic bag

I have to tell you, the candle is long gone now but the bag was the greatest BM gift I ever got that I still use all the time, for traveling, to the gym, etc. Would I ever buy a Prada or any luxury brand cosmetic bag for myself? Uh - no. But it was awesome to get a high quality and useful present that I will keep forever.

I tried to do the same thing for my girls (didn't want to copy as that bride was there) but as I said, my gifts were bulky!
                      Thx for the suggestions!!! these girls love makeup so that would be a hnady item to have also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users