1 Year Countdown & Engagement Party Today

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 edna

edna
  • Site Supporter
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:18 PM

Have a great time Jaime!!! and regarding shots, I love ABC's... amareto , bailey's and cognac ... there are sweet and fun!!!

#12 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:19 AM

Hi Jaime, sounds like a blast. I remember when it came time to ask my bridesmaids to be in my wedding I couldn't wait. It was so exciting, can't wait to see pictures!!!

#13 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,490 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:08 AM

Sorry I missed this thread yesterday...anyway let's see those pics!

I think it having your engagement party on the wedding date (one year before) is such a great idea! On our official one year countdown day, FI and I went to a nicer dinner and I made him toast with me...you know something to officially mark the countdown... he thought I was out of my mind but was a good guy and went along with my ideas

#14 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
        • 1,798 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

I missed this too- How did it go? You guys always seem to have tons of fun together.

#15 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:39 PM

It was so much fun! We had around 20 people show up - so nice to see all of our friends together in one place. Our friend who threw the shower ended up surprising us with a play of how we met, the engagement, etc. It was a bit off and most of the guests didn't really understand it but it was funny nonetheless. Also I found our that our friends are pretty good actors! haha Oh, and she gave me the script - I will have to figure out how to post it up on here

We got some great gifts - lots of candles and wine which we love :) We are not registered anywhere so I was surprised almost everyone brought us gifts - unexpected surprise :)

Asking the bridesmaids went off perfectly!!! All said yes. My BFF couldn't finish reading the card because she was ready to bawl. So cute! And their individual reactions to the shots were classic. We served a Woo-woo (?). First BM said "Thanks for the Kool-Aid"... 2nd said "Mmmm, yummy"... 3rd made a puckery face and you could tell she had a tough time downing it. I gave them all unique seashell necklaces which somehow PERFECTLY matched what each of them had on - they loved it!

I have a bunch of pics but since we have this new HD memory card we can only upload them onto Martin's computer so please bear with me...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#16 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:45 PM

Sounds like fun!!!

I saw you post and was expecting pictures! Booo!

#17 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Just Martha
                Sounds like fun!!!

I saw you post and was expecting pictures! Booo!

I know, I know I hate that this fancy new camera we got only takes a super mega memory card. My computer will not read it - neither will our Wii BOOOO Luckily Martin's computer is new enough so it will, I need to crack the whip on him to get these up - there are a ton of really cute shots :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#18 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

Jaime so happy you had a great time! I am looking forward to the fotos!

#19 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

I can't wait to see the pictures! I am so glad it went well for you

#20 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
                    • 888 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:23 PM

Sorry I missed this yesterday. I hope you have fun. And if you ever need a girly shot in the future, I like both Red Headed Sluts (J┬Ągermeister, Peach schnapps, Cranberry juice) and Oatmeal Cookies (Goldschlager (or Hotdam), Butterscotch schnapps, Bailey's Irish cream).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users