• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

Updated on P. 2 w/Story, Pics on p. 3!

Woohooo! Today, May 24th, marks the official 1 Year Countdown for our wedding! Our friend is throwing us an Engagement Party at one of our favorite restaurants. She's been asking for pictures of us, funny stories, how we met, etc... I'm a little worried what all is gonna come out tonight but it should be fun nonetheless

And of course I will take my camera and post pics!

Oh, and I do plan on asking my bridesmaids tonight. 1 will be out of town but I've already told her what's going on and I asked her awhile back anyways. For those of you who did not read my previous post on this, I plan to set up 4 girly shots (anyone have some ideas on what type??) at the bar and set a card in front of each of them asking to be my bridesmaid. I also got them each a seashell necklace from PV. I'm really looking forward to this!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

How exciting!!!! Can't wait for the pictures! Have fun!!!

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

sounds like fun Jamie - i can't wait to hear all about it! :)

#4 Karen

Karen
        • 1,308 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:39 AM

Have a great time and enjoy!!!

<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hey girls, I'm having a hard time finding cards/sayings/poems asking to be your bridesmaid. Can someone help me find them on here??

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
            • 1,572 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

Congratulations!! It's my 1-year countdown today too!!!

#7 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:00 PM

if you want girly shots, try purple hooters and wet p*ssy shots (i hate that word, but when we were at dreams, the bartender sent over some shots and we asked the waitress what they were and kept having her repeat the name b/c it was SO damn funny considering she didn't know what it was!!).
                anyway they are both really girly shots.
                i just asked my girls to be in my wedding, nothing special. but what about getting some foam letters from michaels and spelling it out on the bar? that way you ask all of them at once. or, find some girly cards at target/hallmark/etc. and give those out. i found a card that says "girlfriends together make everything better" on the outside, and "thanks for being a friend who laughs with me, who cries with me, who listens to me, who is there for me...a friend like you brings out the best in me even in a bathing suit and flip flops...", which would have been perfect to give at the wedding w/ gifts, had i remembered to bring it....

anyway, enough rambling...have a fantastic time tonight!!!!!

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
                  Congratulations!! It's my 1-year countdown today too!!!
                  Cool, we are date twins!
                  if you want girly shots, try purple hooters and wet p*ssy shots (i hate that word, but when we were at dreams, the bartender sent over some shots and we asked the waitress what they were and kept having her repeat the name b/c it was SO damn funny considering she didn't know what it was!!).
                  anyway they are both really girly shots.
                  i just asked my girls to be in my wedding, nothing special. but what about getting some foam letters from michaels and spelling it out on the bar? that way you ask all of them at once. or, find some girly cards at target/hallmark/etc. and give those out. i found a card that says "girlfriends together make everything better" on the outside, and "thanks for being a friend who laughs with me, who cries with me, who listens to me, who is there for me...a friend like you brings out the best in me even in a bathing suit and flip flops...", which would have been perfect to give at the wedding w/ gifts, had i remembered to bring it....

anyway, enough rambling...have a fantastic time tonight!!!!!
                  lol @ p*ssy shots... I wander if that's similar to pink panties. The only reason I'm doing girly shots are because 2 of the girls really don't drink much and one *rarely* takes shots so I was thinking if it was just a fruity vodka flavored shot that'd be easier to choke down for them. Now the other girl would probably take anything I ordered straight up

Good ideas on the cards/letters. I was actually just thinking of getting some generic cards and writing my own thoughts on the inside. Definitely more personalized that way. I have to go by Target today anyways because I am short 1 seashell necklace, but I remember seeing some very similar ones at Target as the ones I got down in PV. Hopefully she won't notice!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#9 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

What about easy tried and true shots, like Killer Kool-Aid and Sex on the Beach and Broken Down Golf Carts, etc. Those are all fruity and tasty :) Polar Bears are good too if they like minty.

#10 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

Have a great time tonight!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it (and of course see pics)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users