Photo

Mexican Customs & Luggage Allowances

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 katsmeow

katsmeow
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

hi all! did anybody have any trouble at customs when they deplaned in cabo? i have a few things i'm bringing in my suitcases for my wedding guests as a sort of welcome bag from us "the couple", to them as a thank you for coming and i'm slightly worried that they might give me trouble because it looks like i'm carrying a store.

Also, did anybody go over their max allowable luggage pieces, and if so, what are your options? we're flying into cabo using mexicana and i have a feeling i'll at least go over the weight allowance on one of my luggage pieces and i'm trying to figure out if we are allowed to bring more luggage if we pay for it.

thanks!
    kathryn : }

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:32 PM

I don't think this has anything to do with the location, as much as the airline itself. I know Mexicana did lower the weight recently.

Mexicana.com

#3 sarahbrown1979

sarahbrown1979
      • 90 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:05 AM

My welcome bags were 20 beach bags (straw) and everything to go inside of them. My maid of honor, and close friend took them for us and they both had issues coming into Cabo. They were both pulled aside and questioned. Once they explained that the bags were gifts for guests they were let off the hook. I don't know about weight limits on Mexicana, but they're typically 2 pieces of luggage at 50lbs each. I think it is pricey to have additional weight. Can you have friend's or family help with the load?

#4 katsmeow

katsmeow
        • 22 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:37 PM

Thank you gals, that information does help. I imagine the Mexican customs folks get those responses frequently.

#5 uclamurray

uclamurray
          • 32 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

We didn't have any trouble in customs but they did tell us that we needed to have the receipts for everything in case we got the red light when we hit the button. Probably a good idea to keep the receipts with all of your goodies.

#6 jmill130

jmill130
            • 601 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:31 AM

we packed all of our stuff in a dell computer monitor box with padding then stuck that inside the suitcase. We had 48 lbs worth of stuff and had no problems using delta airlines. We are on our site visit now at dreams and brought all of the OOT bag goodies with us this time and then in august we wont have so much to bring. We met a bride at the airport and she had a huge golf bag which was packed with stuff, we thought that was a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users