Jump to content

Photo

Video or No


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 Hummingbird

Hummingbird
  • Newbie
  • 78 posts

    Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:42 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fotini
    and what i just thought of it would have to be coverted from the european format to be viewed on american dvd players!! i think i just talked myself out of it!
    FYI - you can have the format converted in the States, as long as you own the copyright to the video. I would ask your videographer (or the coordinator) what format he uses, though - it's possible that he already uses something that is compatible to what we use in the States. It would make sense for an out-of-country videographer to do that if they shoot lots of destination weddings with American brides! Even if they do shoot a different format, though, it's fairly easy to convert.
    ~A & C

    #12 Nrvsbride

    Nrvsbride
    • Sr. Member
    • 5,248 posts

      Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:54 PM

      I want one. I know this is morbid but all I can ever think about is the scene in the Sixth Sense where the wife is watching the wedding video and Bruce Willis believes in his mind that she is doing this b/c they have hit a rough patch in their marriage but really it is b/c he is deceased and she misses him. My family used to videotape all kinds of family events and we love till this day to watch them and point out all sorts of things. I just think it would be nice. I know this sounds really depressing but if one of your guests who is older passes away one day you will always have that video to remember them by. Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer. Just my personal thought on videos.

      -Glenda

      #13 LCBride2007

      LCBride2007

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

        Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:08 PM

        Now I just pictured being able to show my kids the day their mommy and daddy got married - now I want one, for sure!

        #14 lambert13

        lambert13
        • Member
        • 901 posts

          Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

          For Karen and I it is a necessity. The only way our families are somewhat OK whit just the two of us running off to get married, is that we said we will play a video of the ceremony at our reception/party when we get back from Mexico. Otherwise I could do without it as long as we had good photos.

          #15 Nrvsbride

          Nrvsbride
          • Sr. Member
          • 5,248 posts

            Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:12 PM

            Oooh Ann I had never even thought of that! All the more reason why I should get one. Now I just have to decide how many hours to get one for. Photography and video is going to cost me an arm and a leg but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

            -Glenda

            #16 mexico15

            mexico15
            • Jr. Member
            • 250 posts

              Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:40 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
              I want one. I know this is morbid but all I can ever think about is the scene in the Sixth Sense where the wife is watching the wedding video and Bruce Willis believes in his mind that she is doing this b/c they have hit a rough patch in their marriage but really it is b/c he is deceased and she misses him. My family used to videotape all kinds of family events and we love till this day to watch them and point out all sorts of things. I just think it would be nice. I know this sounds really depressing but if one of your guests who is older passes away one day you will always have that video to remember them by. Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer. Just my personal thought on videos.

              -Glenda
              It is kinda morbid...but to be honest...that is what I picture too! God forbid anything like that happen...but I think I would want a video just in case! Ok...I am about to cry just thinking of that...but I know what you mean Glenda.

              #17 mexico15

              mexico15
              • Jr. Member
              • 250 posts

                Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:42 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jillhigginsphotography
                I have been married 10 years, and I have never watched my video.

                But...my uncle did mine! lol

                Now, if I had something like my friend Josh does, that would be a different story. Check out his videos!
                Cinematic & Elegant Productions International Award Winning Wedding Videographer

                AMAZING!!
                That is the most amazing videos I have seen! They are usally kinda cheesy...but that is what I want!!! Do you know how much he charges? And if he had to travel? He is fantastic!

                #18 Christine

                Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

                Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:46 PM

                I am so back and forth on this issue, I just don't see how we will have the money for it, but I understand why it would be great. My thoughts as of right now are to set up some cameras that family members have for the ceremony only (on tripods so they are not running around in front of photog) and put a digital voice recorder near us so we can record our vows, we will put the voice recording over our slideshow of our pics and possibly video too.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

                #19 Hummingbird

                Hummingbird
                • Newbie
                • 78 posts

                  Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:00 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
                  My thoughts as of right now are to set up some cameras that family members have for the ceremony only (on tripods so they are not running around in front of photog) and put a digital voice recorder near us so we can record our vows, we will put the voice recording over our slideshow of our pics and possibly video too.
                  If you have a good editing program on your computer, this is possible to do. (Matching voice to video.) It can get tricky, though, if you have footage from more than one camera that you want to edit together. Synchronizing sound and video gets really tricky unless you just start it at the very beginning with continuous footage from one camera, and one continuous voice recording. Does that make sense? I only mention this b/c I have watched my husband work on editing video footage for hours, matching up sound to the actual footage. It can be a huge pain - but it is possible, and a lot easier, if you have an editing program.
                  ~A & C

                  #20 jthrasher

                  jthrasher
                  • Banned
                  • 486 posts

                    Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:17 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jillhigginsphotography
                    Now, if I had something like my friend Josh does, that would be a different story. Check out his videos!
                    Cinematic & Elegant Productions International Award Winning Wedding Videographer

                    AMAZING!!

                    um.. yeah.... that's some serious quality work right there. I think if I could afford to do something like that I would do it, otherwise I wouldn't bother. That's something I would watch again and again.

                    probably not cheap. but VERY cool




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users