Not a silly question! I want to know too! lol

I have an additional question... I am considering doing a cocktail hour between the ceremony and the reception... anyone know where this would be located? For example, we are doing the ''Mint Breeze'' so our reception will be in a banquet hall... would the cocktail hour be there? or would it be outside? Also... re. pricing... is that the $9 per person National Drinks extra hour?

when I toured the Palace there were two very nice deck areas overlooking the ocean that the cocktail hour would probably be held at. There are nice outdoor couches and tables with fires going. These areas are directly off the main lobby of the palace right above the restaurants. You can look down on the beach. They looked like a really cool place for a cocktail hour.

LOL, yes, an air star is like fireworks with your name...at least that's what I've always heard! I asked Claudia last week about cocktail hour and she said it's fine and would be either in the same location as the reception (we're having it either on the outdoor grill or by the pool area...and we're going with Strawberry package)...or, it can be moved to a different area if the couple chooses. I guess it would really depend on how many weddings there are that day and who is going where. I had also asked her about the chairs during the ceremony because I'm bringing chair sashes and want them to be used during our reception also...she said the same exact chairs will be used, they move them to the next location. After the ceremony everyone stands around, drinks champagne and takes pictures. Then the bride and groom go and take pics solo or with their bridal party while everyone else is having cocktail hour before the reception. Don't stress ladies! No matter what happens, it will all look AMAZING!!!!! I know the coordinators don't respond promptly, but when they do they always have the right answers and once the wedding day arrives, it will be nothing short of fantastic! She sent me the cocktail options and prices as far as food and bar. If you send me an email at rochas521@yahoo.com, I can send that to you guys!! Hope this helps at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra&Mario View Post
LOL, yes, an air star is like fireworks with your name...at least that's what I've always heard! I asked Claudia last week about cocktail hour and she said it's fine and would be either in the same location as the reception (we're having it either on the outdoor grill or by the pool area...and we're going with Strawberry package)...or, it can be moved to a different area if the couple chooses. I guess it would really depend on how many weddings there are that day and who is going where. I had also asked her about the chairs during the ceremony because I'm bringing chair sashes and want them to be used during our reception also...she said the same exact chairs will be used, they move them to the next location. After the ceremony everyone stands around, drinks champagne and takes pictures. Then the bride and groom go and take pics solo or with their bridal party while everyone else is having cocktail hour before the reception. Don't stress ladies! No matter what happens, it will all look AMAZING!!!!! I know the coordinators don't respond promptly, but when they do they always have the right answers and once the wedding day arrives, it will be nothing short of fantastic! She sent me the cocktail options and prices as far as food and bar. If you send me an email at rochas521@yahoo.com, I can send that to you guys!! Hope this helps at all!
Thanks Sandra! I just sent you an email!

Hey Everyone,

I'm just a newbie and after much research and reading everyone's reviews of this resort we have finally decided this is the one. Now I'm just overwhelmed on what to do next....so do I need to cordinate with the WC on deciding on the date(anytime in May or early June 2010) OR do I start with my travel agent?

From what I have been reading it seems that it's so hard to get a hold of the WC I might just be better off phoning her (buy a calling card).

Any tips on the best steps to start planning would be really helpful as I don't know anyone close to me that has planned a destination wedding.

Can someone send me the email contacts too please.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sabrina