Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#941 DDBentley15

DDBentley15
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm getting married in January at the Palace. This forum has been great so far, thanks ladies!

#942 maddox96

maddox96
    • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:35 PM

We are getting married April 15 at the Barcelo Maya Palace. Does anyone have info on what we can expect from the hotel. Also, how does the music work for dancing. Are we dancing at the disco or at a reception hall area? Any other advice anyone has would be great

#943 t&kJanuary2010

t&kJanuary2010
      • 196 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:57 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by bride2b10
        Most pictures of the Palmeras Grill have rectangular tables. Does anybody know if they can do round tables instead?
        great question I am wondering the same?? Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!!

#944 t&kJanuary2010

t&kJanuary2010
        • 196 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:00 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by DDBentley15
          Hi Everyone! I'm getting married in January at the Palace. This forum has been great so far, thanks ladies!
          Welcome!! I am a January bride as well. Look through this thread page by page, you will get some much wonderful information.

#945 maddox96

maddox96
          • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:34 AM

Someone wrote that you can book the reception for dancing after the 3 hours for $9/10 more an hour. Wondering if that is per person or a flat rate?

#946 maddox96

maddox96
            • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:36 AM

We are going to down to RM next weekend for my friend's wedding. We have an appointment with Victoria to see the resort and find out about questions we have. Anyone have any good questions that they would like answered.

#947 maddox96

maddox96
              • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:54 AM

Sorry for all the questions. Has anyone heard if you can use for Ipod for the dancing portion. It used to say it in the old wedding packages.

#948 buehler.allison

buehler.allison
                • 99 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:56 AM

70 people is a lot! We've had approximately 130 people tell us they are coming?!! We will see when it comes to actually putting down the money though... I'm sending out save the dates with the travel agent's info this weekend.

#949 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                  • 546 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:07 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bride2b10
                    Most pictures of the Palmeras Grill have rectangular tables. Does anybody know if they can do round tables instead?
                    They will NOT do round tables in the open air grills or on the beach. It's square only.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by maddox96
                    Someone wrote that you can book the reception for dancing after the 3 hours for $9/10 more an hour. Wondering if that is per person or a flat rate?
                    per person/per hour. I am trying to negotiate an additional hr for free since we are bringing so many people. My DJ is 4 hours but my reception is only 3.

#950 CaraW

CaraW
                    • 346 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

Has anyone had their reception in the Palmeras grill? Gabriela told me that it's quite large, but they will just put us in one of the "wings" and kind of section it off, even though it'll be a private reception and no one else will be allowed in. I don't want it to seem like it's way too big. And too much empty space. We are having around 60 people.
                      Also, has anyone used the DJ from the resort? Their DJ is cheaper than DJ Mannia, so I was wondering if it's worth it to use them. If I used the DJ, and the mariachi band, the total of the two ends up the same as the price of DJ Mannia.

Thanks! Cara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users