I'm getting married at the Maya Beach Resort on January 18, 2017. The resort is completely sold out and I am scrambling to find spots for some guests who decided they would wait and wait and now here we are. Here are our choices:
- Mint Breeze Package
- Wedding Planner: Yasmin
- 4pm symbolic beach ceremony
- 6pm reception in the banquet room
- dinner: sea scallops salad, asparagus soup, beef tenderloin, creme brulee
- about 51 guests in total
I do have some questions that I didn't see in the posts above:
1. During your reception program, do you still do the introductions and that if you have a small group? Most of the guests are friends and there will be one table of 6 of my mom's aunts and uncles. Everyone else will know everyone else.
2. On the spreadsheet that they make you complete, it says this beside our choice of having a minister:$300 usd deductede from the wedding package
Yasmin and I don't always understand each other and she hasn't been able to explain this. She just keeps saying it is included in our package.
3. Does anyone have an uneven wedding party? Did all of your bridesmaids stand on your side and the groomsmen on your hubby's side, traditionally? We have 4 bridesmaids and 9 groomsmen. Long story.
4. I don't really want to have to pay for a DJ. $700USD is so outrageous in my opinion. Did your reception do ok without one?
5. For those brides who brought their own decorations/centerpieces, what sorts of things did you bring? I can only go on pinterest for so long before my brain gets scattered lol
6. My daughter will be 2.5 years old and can be a little unpredictable. She'll be our flower girl/ring bearer. Any tips for her walk down the aisle?
Thanks for all your tips and the ones to come
Hola @carolynbauto congrats on your upcoming wedding. Barcelo is an absolutely beautiful resort.
Have an uneven bridal party isn't a problem and you shouldn't worry for a second. When it comes to standing during the ceremony it really comes down to how traditional you are. We've always experienced the bridesmaids on one side and the groomsmen on the other but it's your wedding do you do what ever will make you happy! <3
Maribel_Leo_Teaser_01.jpg 123.72KB 1 downloads