• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#4581 cometgirl

cometgirl
  • 106 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

@bluecastr1 -  Thank you for the detailed post! We were just there in September and are getting married there this next May! Super excited to see it all come together!  You also may not have been given the other options because of all the renovations going on at the Beach/Caribe until Dec 2014. 

@starbx123 - There are a few more locations that depending when you get married are available. We are going with Playa Azul which is at the opposite end of the Palace at the Beach resort. It is away from the resort and is a very sandy location. There isn't as much coral in the water at this end, so depending what look you are going for it can be very pretty. I am all about white sand and teal water, so this location is perfect for us! 

#4582 starbx123

starbx123
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:29 AM

@bluecastr1 -  Thank you for the detailed post! We were just there in September and are getting married there this next May! Super excited to see it all come together!  You also may not have been given the other options because of all the renovations going on at the Beach/Caribe until Dec 2014. 

@starbx123 - There are a few more locations that depending when you get married are available. We are going with Playa Azul which is at the opposite end of the Palace at the Beach resort. It is away from the resort and is a very sandy location. There isn't as much coral in the water at this end, so depending what look you are going for it can be very pretty. I am all about white sand and teal water, so this location is perfect for us!

Thanks for the advice! We had also chosen playa azul for our ceremony but I was second guessing this decision. Everything has been so easy to plan so far, that I've just had too much time on my hands!

#4583 Stephanie2015

Stephanie2015
    • 26 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

Does anybody know if the bride and groom gets upgraded to a suite?

#4584 cometgirl

cometgirl
      • 106 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

@Stephanie2015 - There was a certain deal when we booked that if we have 50 guests at the resort then the bride and groom get upgraded to a Ocean View Club Premium room. I also noticed that it is only the Tangerine package (the most expensive) that there is an upgrade included. 

#4585 Stephanie2015

Stephanie2015
      • 26 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

@cometgirl Thanks!

#4586 Christinedrc

Christinedrc
        • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

Hi!

Does anyone have an example of what they did for their wedding invitations? 

Thank you!

#4587 BarceloJan2015

BarceloJan2015
          • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:07 AM

Getting Married on the 22nd!! Very Excited. Just trying to figure out how much money we need to tip everyone? Any suggestions?

#4588 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
            • 4,505 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
            • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

Getting Married on the 22nd!! Very Excited. Just trying to figure out how much money we need to tip everyone? Any suggestions?

I'm the 21 but a different resort.
            I think I have any idea on what I plan to tip but almost scared to say incase I'm way off base lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#4589 MissMeg

MissMeg
            • Site Supporter
            • 40 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

Just saw the new page on the website describing the new amenities with the renovations at Beach/Caribe - Sounds like a lot of fun for young and old alike

• wave pool
              • bowling alley
              • teen club

SWEET!

“We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea - whether it is to sail or to watch it - we are going back from whence we came." -John F Kennedy

#4590 jackiet2016

jackiet2016
              • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here and my fiance and I have narrowed it down to the Barcelo Maya complex!!! However, I'm finding the most stressful thing right now is deciding which resort/complex to book into with guests. We are looking to have around 40 guests, and have been quoted with Air Canada for $2000 pp for 7 days/airfare/stay at the Palace in Jan 2016. We know its peak season so prices are expected to be higher than usual. The newly renovated Caribe section is $1700-$1800 pp with WestJet (not for the Club Premium options). $1700 for the Tropical. I just can't decide on which on to choose!!! I want the best for my guests, but of course, somewhat reasonable price. Are these reasonable quotes? So stressed!!! Need to select an actual site, before I get my wedding date set! Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users