4889 replies to this topic

#4361 DevonAnn

DevonAnn
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm brand new here, but have kept an eye on this thread for quite some time. Now I figure its time for me to join in on the fun ;) I am getting married at Barcelo Maya palace on August 1st this year and we are so excited. Out ceremony is at 6pm on Palmeras Beach, cocktail hour at 7pm same place, and then the reception is at Palmeras Grill at 8pm. I have a couple of questions for you experts! I keep seeing that there is a cut off deadline for guests to book by?? My WC has said nothing about this, but it seems as though it would be VERY important for me to know... Can you ladies tell me if you have been given a deadline for guests to book their stays? That seems odd to me... I would be willing to pay for extra for anyone who decides to come last minute and I don't want to have to tell me guests that they must book by a certain date!! Thanks everyone!

#4362 LoriGran

LoriGran
  • 339 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm brand new here, but have kept an eye on this thread for quite some time. Now I figure its time for me to join in on the fun ;) I am getting married at Barcelo Maya palace on August 1st this year and we are so excited. Out ceremony is at 6pm on Palmeras Beach, cocktail hour at 7pm same place, and then the reception is at Palmeras Grill at 8pm. I have a couple of questions for you experts! I keep seeing that there is a cut off deadline for guests to book by?? My WC has said nothing about this, but it seems as though it would be VERY important for me to know... Can you ladies tell me if you have been given a deadline for guests to book their stays? That seems odd to me... I would be willing to pay for extra for anyone who decides to come last minute and I don't want to have to tell me guests that they must book by a certain date!! Thanks everyone!

Hi and congratulations! If I'm not mistaken the brides that talk about a booking deadline are those who have a room block through their travel agents. There isn't a deadline given by the resort/wedding planner. Hope that helps!

#4363 theriouxs

theriouxs
  • 19 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 22, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Tropical

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

Hello Ladies. We are booked for August 16th 2014 and went with the Tangerine package. I have PDFs of the chair ribbons, menu and tablecloth/ chargers if anyone is interested.

Could you possibly send them to me as well? we are getting married at the tropical on October 23, 2014! Still waiting to styart th eplanning process with my WP I have hired here in Vancouver. Im getting impatient and would love to see what you have!

thank you!

gmail.com'>nikkiandjayrioux@gmail.com

#4364 Fitzgerh

Fitzgerh
  • 20 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

No problem. To those that requested the details I just sent them to your email. Just let me know if you cant open them,

@NurseNurse0101

I would be interested in the location options. 

#4365 LoriGran

LoriGran
  • 339 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
  • LocationMexico

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Soo excited!! Just upgraded to the Strawberry Passion! There is just no way I was going to have my reception indoors!! Ladies can someone email me the menu options, it would be greatly appreciated!! lori223@gmail.com

#4366 dtrble95

dtrble95
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Hello Ladies. We are booked for August 16th 2014 and went with the Tangerine package. I have PDFs of the chair ribbons, menu and tablecloth/ chargers if anyone is interested.

I would be interested in any info you have on the packages and anything else you have. dtrble95@gmail.com

#4367 Kristen112808

Kristen112808
    • 169 posts
      • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

This thread has been so helpful!!  We're definitely going with the strawberry package as we want an outside reception.  Does anyone have any details from the wedding coordinators on this package and the "extras" (tree lighting, centerpieces, ect) that they could share?  My email is kristen112808@yahoo.com.  Thank you so much! :)

#4368 KLA1220

KLA1220
      • 13 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
      • LocationBoston

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

This thread has been so helpful!!  We're definitely going with the strawberry package as we want an outside reception.  Does anyone have any details from the wedding coordinators on this package and the "extras" (tree lighting, centerpieces, ect) that they could share?  My email is kristen112808@yahoo.com.  Thank you so much! :)

hey Kristen I'm going to email you the packages which include all of the extras :).

#4369 KLA1220

KLA1220
      • 13 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
      • LocationBoston

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Soo excited!! Just upgraded to the Strawberry Passion! There is just no way I was going to have my reception indoors!! Ladies can someone email me the menu options, it would be greatly appreciated!! lori223@gmail.com

Hey Lori,
      I am emailing you the menu :)

#4370 NurseNurse0101

NurseNurse0101
      • Site Supporter
      • 34 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 29, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Tropical
      • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what people have received for decorating options? I don't want to haul centerpiece stuff down there, what has the hotel offered you in terms of decorations, centerpieces etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users