Forgive me if I am bringing up questions that have recently been discussed; I checked 10 or so pages back for some of this info, but couldn't quite figure it all out
Hubby to be and I have been trying to narrow resorts down, and although Barcelo maya tropical is gorgeous, I am seeing quite high prices for packages, even though they only include like 20 people for the most part!
Questions/Reflections are as follows:
1. Anyone have a barcelo maya tropical (or barcelo location in MR/playa) wedding for around 40-50 people? And if so, what pckg did you go with?
- We likely have 40 (at least) coming to ours in early 2014. Right now, even the strawberry package ($3675!!?) includes a reception for only 20 guests.
2. What additional costs are associated with guests over the # included in the package? E.g. Take the Mint Breeze - 20 guests, $2310...
3. Has anyone taken the FREE (includes NO COCKTAIL OR DINNER) OR BLUEBERRY DREAM PACKAGE (includes ONLY cocktail hour) AND ADDED A RECEPTION TO IT?
- Often taking a cheaper package means having less "extras" that we don't really care to have. Sometimes adding things "a la carte" can save overall costs. Any thoughts on this?
4. What has been anyone's experience with having an outdoors reception rather than in a ballroom? I personally don't want to be completely indoors during my DW, but inside venues seem most popular offers on their packages.
Any and all advice for looking into Barcelo maya tropical would be SO appreciated ladies!