Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#3641 crystalwollesen

crystalwollesen
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

I am getting married 1/10/14 - but I am a photographer and have shot at Barcelo Palace Twice.  Here is a wedding in 2011, they used the banquet hall.http://crystalrosebl...ng-photography/

#3642 chrisdior

chrisdior
    • 286 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

anyone working with Claudia? Haven't gotten a response back from her in over a month...very weird!

Attached Files

#3643 chrisdior

chrisdior
      • 286 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

also are any of the past brides familiar with Santiago Carranza ? He was an officiant who was recommended on the Barcelo website. Any feedback ?

#3644 tiffanyhetzel

tiffanyhetzel
        • 21 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hello, I need some input!

When did you book your photographer? I am going with an outside photographer (MexicoWeddings) and not sure If I can book before I get to that point with my WC? It takes them forever to answer 1 small question... I dont want to lose out on the photographer for that day. My wedding is 11/11/13. Is it too soon? I know that I will have to book them a 2 night stay (or 3? not sure)....

#3645 DanHen

DanHen
          • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

I am in the exact same boat... I will be getting married 11-12-13 . We are debating on just doing a cocktail hour or the mint breeze (it's hard to say yes to a completely closed in banquet room reception when in paradise). I also asked to do it in the Palmeras Grill but Ruth (also our wedding coordinator) said it wasn't possible unless we did the strawberry package and I'm not will to pay 5x the price for that. We need to now decide on a reception package, photographer, and where or who will be doing our hair/makeup. It's difficult to do when I can't get many details on any of this from our WC.

#3646 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
            • 389 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

Hello, I need some input! When did you book your photographer? I am going with an outside photographer (MexicoWeddings) and not sure If I can book before I get to that point with my WC? It takes them forever to answer 1 small question... I dont want to lose out on the photographer for that day. My wedding is 11/11/13. Is it too soon? I know that I will have to book them a 2 night stay (or 3? not sure)....

We booked our photographer far in advance, months before the planner ever asked about it and just knew we would have to pay a fee or for a stay and that was fine with us.

#3647 tiffanyhetzel

tiffanyhetzel
              • 21 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thank you SO much for getting back to me!  My WC, Ruth, wants to go in steps but I want to get this handled WAY before we get to that point. Thank you so much! I am going to book him then! = )  BTW, you are so wonderful! Helping all of us brides out = )  Your pics are amazing!!!

#3648 Crystal V

Crystal V
                • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

I've been working for Claudia and she has been great at responding.  Keep your emails short and simple and she'll respond within 2-3 days. I typically get her emails late at night. I've concluded that if you ask 2-3 questions in an email to her that you'll get a response rather than if your email has 10 questions. just a tip :)

#3649 Lyman

Lyman
                  • 262 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Yes, Claudia Vasquez is the main wedding co-ordinator there, and an excellent resource! She's amazing at keeping the details straight and ensuring everything runs smoothly - for all our weddings we've worked - where she's in charge. :)

You're in good hands with her taking care of your wedding !

#3650 annettea1021

annettea1021
                    • 86 posts
                    • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi! I actually emailed the resort about 1 week and a half ago with a couple of questions and I wanted to book the date as well... how long did it take for anyone to reach to you after the initial email?? My wedding date (fingers crossed) is for April 12, 2014. I know its early but I'm looking into atleast booking the photographer ahead of time as well. And not to mention I am itching to send my Save the Dates already lol!!! I guess it bride over excitement on my point lol!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users