Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4890 replies to this topic

#3521 amberduke

amberduke
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

We did a welcome cocktail hour one night (setup on our own) and then did a groom's dinner for about 45 at a buffet the next night. Your WC can book the dinners for you but you usually have to take the time slot when the restaurant first opens. I don't know if the French place holds that many people at once.

Welcome back! Can't wait to read your review! And of course, congratulations!!

#3522 melissa2014

melissa2014
    • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Amberduke - Thanks for the suggestion , I think that would be a lot more casual and less stressful . plus I think I want to have surf and turf for my dinner menus and wouldn't want ppl ordering the same thing on both nights

#3523 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
      • 389 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Welcome  back Gilmana, congrats!!!  I can't wait to see your review and pictures!!

#3524 chrisdior

chrisdior
        • 286 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Ladies, is it safe to order flowers from the resort? I'm confused I see a lot of girls ordering else where? Please let me know why.

#3525 gilmana

gilmana
          • 62 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by chrisdior 

Ladies, is it safe to order flowers from the resort? I'm confused I see a lot of girls ordering else where? Please let me know why.

The only reason I ordered flowers from somewhere else was because of the cost.  The flowers from the resort are BEAUTIFUL and you get exactly what you asked for and more.  And we noticed there were flowers in other places that we didn't even ask for (and were not charged for).

#3526 juliboley

juliboley
            • 76 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by chrisdior 

Absolutely!  I had originally planned on making my own bouquets, but the resort flowers were gorgeous and I was so happy with them.  Here are some pix of mine:

#3527 Stresscase

Stresscase
              • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

LOVE your flowers!  They are absolutely gorgeous

#3528 mrsnova

mrsnova
                • 280 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

For those past brides..

How much/did you tip?

WC

Photographer

Officiant

Bartenders/Severs

Anyone else I am forgetting..

Thanks!

Married to the man of my dreams 3.1.13!!
                  wedding website: http://kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com/
                  planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-3-1-13

#3529 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
                  • 389 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by mrsnova 

For those past brides..

How much/did you tip?

WC

Photographer

Officiant

Bartenders/Severs

Anyone else I am forgetting..

Thanks!

I searched all over BDW about tipping and found lots of great advice! There are a few brides/grooms on this Barcelo forum who have provided what they tipped. 

Our group was small-ish and I wasn't a high maintenance bride (I would say), we had about 22 guests and we tipped the wedding coordinator $75, photographer we paid his rate directly as he was already a private one we hired so since he makes his rates and works for himself we didn't tip further (that was advice given on here...if they work for a company tip them, if they work for themselves you are paying them directly). Officiant made $300 cash so we didn't tip further, the way we saw it was he got that as cash and we could have not paid that at all had we had our own person to officiate it. Servers/Bartender staff we paid $25 each. And I can't think of anyone else we tipped other than that.

#3530 mrsnova

mrsnova
                    • 280 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

I searched all over BDW about tipping and found lots of great advice! There are a few brides/grooms on this Barcelo forum who have provided what they tipped. 

Our group was small-ish and I wasn't a high maintenance bride (I would say), we had about 22 guests and we tipped the wedding coordinator $75, photographer we paid his rate directly as he was already a private one we hired so since he makes his rates and works for himself we didn't tip further (that was advice given on here...if they work for a company tip them, if they work for themselves you are paying them directly). Officiant made $300 cash so we didn't tip further, the way we saw it was he got that as cash and we could have not paid that at all had we had our own person to officiate it. Servers/Bartender staff we paid $25 each. And I can't think of anyone else we tipped other than that.

Thank you so much! That is basically what I was thinking but wanted to make sure I wasn't way off :)

Married to the man of my dreams 3.1.13!!
                      wedding website: http://kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com/
                      planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-3-1-13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users