Thanks for all your feedback!

I really hope I don't have to wait until a couple weeks or month before to plan it! But if I do, does anyone know how many people to a table in the banquet halls? Also for DJ's, should I find and book my own or does the resort have one that they like you to use? Does anyone know what the menu options are?

Thanks ladies!

Originally Posted by kbrandriet View Post

Hey ladies!

We are getting married in just a few weeks at the Barcelo and trying to figure out for sure what works for playing our own music at our dinner/reception that will be in doors. I only have either my iPhone or iPad but have heard that only a iPod works?

Can anyone comfirm on this for me and let me know exactly what works and what doesn't?

I'm trying to put my music list together but don't know what to put it on an what will work or not.

Thanks!

Kelsey

I know for sure it works with an iPod nano as that is what we used, but not the new ones with the small little charger. I have previously read that iPhones don't work but we didn't try.

Originally Posted by Mel888 View Post

Thanks for all your feedback!

I really hope I don't have to wait until a couple weeks or month before to plan it! But if I do, does anyone know how many people to a table in the banquet halls? Also for DJ's, should I find and book my own or does the resort have one that they like you to use? Does anyone know what the menu options are?

Thanks ladies!

Menu options depend on the package you are looking at, the Mint Breeze package has different options than the Strawberry Passion. I can send you the menu options for the Strawberry Package if you want them, just toss me a private message :o)

I can't comment on the DJ because we went the iPod route, many people on here probably have recommendations for dj's in the mexico area. I have heard that you must pay per hour for the dj to use the resort's power and that can get pricey, or have the dj bring a generator.

For tables, we were outdoors but we had an option for round or square tables and Victoria said  how many they could fit up to and I chose to have 6 at each table. While we were there we saw many different table set ups for different weddings outdoors, I think there are likely many options!

Originally Posted by melissa2014 View Post

beautiful pictures especially love the detailed pictures ! What is a average price point for a package similar to this ?

I don't know for sure what packaged they would have had but we had the strawberry passion package and the base price for it was something like $3350 (that was 2012 pricing and included 3 hours with 15 people, extra people were $66 per person for dinner and $12 an hour per person more than 15 people for anything more than 3 hours).

Originally Posted by kbrandriet View Post

Hey ladies!

We are getting married in just a few weeks at the Barcelo and trying to figure out for sure what works for playing our own music at our dinner/reception that will be in doors. I only have either my iPhone or iPad but have heard that only a iPod works?

Can anyone comfirm on this for me and let me know exactly what works and what doesn't?

I'm trying to put my music list together but don't know what to put it on an what will work or not.

Thanks!

Kelsey

I just got back... I would definitely use only an iPod.  Our WC told us that the phone would work if it was in airplane mode but she suggested an ipod if we had one.  So that's what we did.  As a previous bride said, make sure you change the settings so the songs fade in and out of each other.  

Hi past and future brides!

My husband (sounds so weird) and I got back Sunday night from our wedding/mini-honeymoon.  I will eventually do a full review but wanted to be available if anyone has any questions.  Just send me a message.  Our wedding was very different from a lot of weddings that are mentioned on this website, simply because my now-husband is Mexican and we incorporated a lot of traditions from both the US and Mexico.  

Our WC was Jacqueline Ochoa - she was FABULOUS!  I cried when I had to leave her.

Our DJ was Discomovil - they did whatever we asked and were fantastic - spoke both English and Spanish to accommodate ALL of our guests.

Our Photographer was Take It Foto (Lupe and Augustin) - two fantastic people!  And we cannot wait to see our pictures!

Our Videographer was Ricardo from Cinematik (not to be confused with Cinematic) - jorge.cinematikweds@hotmail.com - we should have a sneak peak in less than 3 weeks!  

Our florist was Eduardo from Florería Jardín - flowers were better than expected and we got extras (at no expense)... although 1 day before our wedding we went to Playa del Carmen and found a guy selling the same flowers for cheaper and more beautiful... so we ordered a bunch from him too - Floreria Iris (there are several in Playa del carmen - but we suggest the one near the corner of 30 and 64)

We were at the Barcelo from January 10-16, wedding on the 14 and went to The Royal Playa Del Carmen from January 16-20.  The Royal Playa del Carmen was one of our top 3 choices and I'm SO GLAD we chose the Barcelo over the Royal.  

My biggest regret was not being more upfront with the priest- he totally hijacked our wedding, he started 15 minutes late and ended 45 minutes late... we lost 1 (of 2) hour of picture taking with makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.  We were running to the beach to get pictures before the sun went down.  He was talking about all kinds of inappropriate things.  Also we did the catholic wedding for my husband's family (who are mexican) and he did the majority (like 95%) in English.  :(  

I made a BRIDE bling white zip up hoodie and wore that down with lulu lemon pants (nothing fancy, when I fly I like to be comfy) and for outfits for evenings and dinners I totally spoiled myself and had collected little dresses in the months before the wedding and never wore any of them so I had a new dress to wear every night of my trip! 

Has anyone booked a welcome dinner ? I'd like to book a dinner for the first night at the french resturant to welcome everyone to the resort for 40-50 people . When I have stayed at the palace in the past the first night is usually always booked at all the restaurants . Any suggestions ?

I made a BRIDE bling white zip up hoodie and wore that down with lulu lemon pants (nothing fancy, when I fly I like to be comfy) and for outfits for evenings and dinners I totally spoiled myself and had collected little dresses in the months before the wedding and never wore any of them so I had a new dress to wear every night of my trip! 
Good idea! I was stuck on Maxi dresses, but coming from Chicago it's almost silly! Haha

We did a welcome cocktail hour one night (setup on our own) and then did a groom's dinner for about 45 at a buffet the next night. Your WC can book the dinners for you but you usually have to take the time slot when the restaurant first opens. I don't know if the French place holds that many people at once.