Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#3491 Macker

Macker
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hey stresscase! 

I'm from Canada as well, Calgary, let me know if you have any questions.... We Canadians tend to think alike:) and I have tons of pics that you can see... An I have lots of advice, things I would have done differently:)

Happy planning!!!!

Ali

#3492 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
    • 389 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

I am also from Calgary!! Yay for the Canadian brides at Barcelo! I'd say weddings are different from day to day there due to weather, on our wedding we had not a breeze of wind, it was perfect...though some people may think differently because its hotter when there is no wind. Our food wasn't cold either. I wouldn't change a minute of being outside for our reception! Also on a side note...the price per hour is based on how many guests you have, it is $12 per person per hour extra. We actually paid for two extra hours and our guests were having so much fun we extended it for a 3rd hour and then continued on to the disco even!!

#3493 mrsnova

mrsnova
      • 280 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Does anyone have pictures of receptions in a banquet room? Thanks in advance!

Married to the man of my dreams 3.1.13!!
        wedding website: http://kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com/
        planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-3-1-13

#3494 Stresscase

Stresscase
        • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Would love to see some pics of the banquet rooms as well.  Would also like to know (of those that show pics) if any of the decorations, chair sashes, flowers etc. were brought to the resort from home or if it was all included in the package.  I have seen some gorgeous pics but not sure what was brought from home by the bride!  Thank you :)

#3495 missfreckles

missfreckles
          • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by lauraruiz3 

I believe it is 12 and under.

Yes I did hear back from Claudia and it is 12.

I'm sure we are not the only ones that will need to know this

#3496 juliboley

juliboley
            • 76 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

I'm the worst because I got married at Barcelo on October 20th, but I have yet to post my review.  We had our ceremony and cocktail hour at Playa Azul and our reception at Coral Beach (dinner inside because of last minute rain and party/dancing outside on the beach).  Claudia was our WC and she was awesome.  Our photographers were Nora & Chris, also fantastic.  If anyone has specific questions that I can answer, please message or mention me directly. 

I swear I'll get that review up soon.

#3497 kbrandriet

kbrandriet
              • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hey Macker,
                Will you please send me some more pictures and fill me in with anything you would had changed or isn't worth the extra money? 
                I am getting married February 16, 2013 less than a month away and feel like I am going to forget some details an don't want to spend extra money if not necessary.  My personal e-mail is kelc_86@hotmail.com

Thanks,
                Kelsey

#3498 Svetlanka22

Svetlanka22
                • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Patcaz,

We originally had Claudia as WC while planning the wedding, but when we arrived to Barcelo we was switched to Ruth. She is amazing young lady and we cannot be more happy to have her as WC. She did such an amazing job from first appointment when we arrived till last minute of wedding reception.

Also from my e-mail experience with WC, don't ask them a lot of questions in one e-mail. I found out it was so much faster (2 day respond maximum) if you will ask them only one or two questions in one e-mail.

#3499 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
                  • 389 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Patcaz, We originally had Claudia as WC while planning the wedding, but when we arrived to Barcelo we was switched to Ruth. She is amazing young lady and we cannot be more happy to have her as WC. She did such an amazing job from first appointment when we arrived till last minute of wedding reception. Also from my e-mail experience with WC, don't ask them a lot of questions in one e-mail. I found out it was so much faster (2 day respond maximum) if you will ask them only one or two questions in one e-mail.

Great advice!! I did the same thing, they answer quick with straightforward answers.

#3500 sswed13

sswed13
                    • 178 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Svetlanka22 

Patcaz,

We originally had Claudia as WC while planning the wedding, but when we arrived to Barcelo we was switched to Ruth. She is amazing young lady and we cannot be more happy to have her as WC. She did such an amazing job from first appointment when we arrived till last minute of wedding reception.

Also from my e-mail experience with WC, don't ask them a lot of questions in one e-mail. I found out it was so much faster (2 day respond maximum) if you will ask them only one or two questions in one e-mail.

I've noticed the same thing. I have been emailing Claudia one question emails and keeping each topic separate (eg; one email is solely about location, ceremony details, dj questions, reception, flowers etc.) This way it keeps everything organized and easy to find answers when I'm looking back. She has been great in response time and my question is always answered. Bottom line- keep each question/email simple

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users