Omg I am getting married on February 16, 2013 at the Barcelo too and also have Adrian doing mine and my wedding party's hair and make-up :)

We also are already legally married, we got married this past September, had a small wedding and gathering after with just our immediate family and grand parents.  We didn't want to go through the hassle of transferring everything and more paper work in Mexico.

What time are you getting married and where at on the resort?
I had looked into having our reception on a cruise as well but ended up doing it in a banquet hall instead just because we are going to be having a another big reception back in my home town in April.  I am getting really excited and ready for some warm weather! I'm sure we will run into each other on our wedding day :)

Thank you soo much! I feel better now lol. I think I am going with the koozies for the gift idea, I was going to also do cute maracas but I figured they would just get trashed when it was over so why waste the money. Everyone needs koozies :) Yay so I will see you there since you're getting married on the 29th, maybe we will run into eachother :)

Originally Posted by missfreckles View Post

I had the same panic attack about my dress. I called the Airline and they basically told me that based on the flight crew and space there are a few things they might do. If there are empty seats they may lay the dress there, if there is room in the closet they will try to hang it or they will let you take an entire overhead bin and you have to fold your dress over and put it in there. My friend did that when we flew to Cabo for her wedding and it was fine. She did however bring a travel steamer with her. I'm also wondering about the favors so if you get any ideas please let me know ! Im getting married on April 29, 2013 :)

Thank you soo much! I feel better now lol. I think I am going with the koozies for the gift idea, I was going to also do cute maracas but I figured they would just get trashed when it was over so why waste the money. Everyone needs koozies :) Yay so I will see you there since you're getting married on the 29th, maybe we will run into eachother :)

Originally Posted by missfreckles View Post

I had the same panic attack about my dress. I called the Airline and they basically told me that based on the flight crew and space there are a few things they might do. If there are empty seats they may lay the dress there, if there is room in the closet they will try to hang it or they will let you take an entire overhead bin and you have to fold your dress over and put it in there. My friend did that when we flew to Cabo for her wedding and it was fine. She did however bring a travel steamer with her. I'm also wondering about the favors so if you get any ideas please let me know ! Im getting married on April 29, 2013 :)

@kbrandriet How exciting! 2pm :) How fun! We must try and meet for a hug (and possibly a drink). I am not sure where, I think we are limited with the group size! I will let you know as soon as I do! What time is your ceremony/reception? Adrian sure will have a busy day! :)

Hey gals,

So just finding the time to update on how our wedding went. The resort was amazinf, we stayed of course at the Palace, treated like royalty, and we have been to many wonderful places in Mexico, and this by far was the best.

As for hair and makeup, I 100% would pay the money and have someone off the resort come and do your hair and makeup, this was just my personla opinion, my hair was awful and there was a huge language barrier between myself and the hair dresser, plus extremeley expensive, and they charge extra for hair wash even though my hair was covered until the package I had. the only thing that bothered me is that I was not aware of this, I would have had my hair washed prior to going, 50 bucks!! Once I saw them do my friends makeup I opted out, way to heavy, yes I am picky, but honeslty it was drag queen style, too heavy. I went back to my hotel, started from the begining and put my own extensions in and did my own makeup. I really should have booked that guy, I don't have his name in front of me, but if you have been on this website, you will see it, yes he's expensive but it would be worth it, it is your wedding afterall, I really regret that.

As for the reception, we got the spot we wanted on the beach, expensive $3500.00 (strawberry pkg) which is what most people go with and they charged 300.00 US for every extra hour AND charged 66.00 US per person over the maximum number of 15. Unreal. So we only did 1 extra hour, because the package for this particular spot was very expensive as I mentioned. So wedding began at 5pm and ended at 9pm? If I had my time back and this is for all of the brides who are tyring to decide what to do and where to have it, i'm from Canada and I really wanted a relaxed beach wedding, so that's why we picked the spot we did, BUT haven been there and now wiser, I would have had my wedding ceremony on the beach, that was beautiful but then moved everything inside!! It was ++ windy and food was cold, and way too expensive. The banquets inside ware beautiful, warm and the party never ends, until you want it to, way cheaper!! And for those who plan on recording it, because of the wind we could not hear a thing! So have the ceremony on the beach and then move inside, my only advice:)

We brought our own photographer, only bc we researched the area and it seemed too high, 5500-8500.00 US? We did bring our own decorations, just a few things. they do decorate the tables, and it was beyond what I had expected! Also, my bouquet was unreal, just beautiful.

Our wedding coordinator was pretty good, I did feel however, everything was done on the day before the wedding, but whatever I guess. And it was slightly annoying that I said we did not want to do our own vows, and the coordinator was suppose to tell the minister, and he asked us to share our feelings from the heart in front of everyone, you can imagine our faces???

Anyway, all in all, unreal day, the only thing I would have changed as mentioned was to pay the money and have the guy come and do my hair and makeup, and would have had my reception inside rather than out, only bc of the price, the high wind.

Hopefully this helps, this was just off the top of my head, if anyone wants any more info let me know!! Barcelo Maya Palace is the BEST place to get married, unreal resort,,,,food incredible!!!

Yes for sure! Our wedding is at 3:30pm and we are doing it at the Gazebo.  Right now we have about 35 guests confirmed and booked.  So not to big, I don't know as of right now where our reception will be? My wedding cordinator didn't say she said in the past it would all depend on how many guest end up coming so we will find out.

Adrian sure will have a busy day! I'm sure he has several employees/workers if he has two weddings back to back.  I sure hope so :)