Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#3191 mrsnova

mrsnova
  • Jr. Member
  • 280 posts

    Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

    MexicoHereICome,

    You are right, I know everything will work out in the end. I have to keep telling myself that things are different here than in Mexico! I know it is one of the most important days of our lives so we want it to be perfect and plan everything out...but like I keep reading, you can change everything up until the end to make it how you want. And I know one of the reasons we chose to do a destination wedding was for it to be more laid back and fun, so I need to keep remembering that, let go and know it will work out :). Thanks everyone for all the support!

     

    How much more did you end up paying for the outside photographer as compared to the same package with the hotel's company? 


    Married to the man of my dreams 3.1.13!!
    wedding website: http://kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com/
    planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-3-1-13

    #3192 NIKKI2013

    NIKKI2013
    • Newbie
    • 27 posts

      Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

      Originally Posted by MexicoHereICome 

      I totally feel your pain with the wedding planners!!! However, the closer you get the better they are at responding. I heard they do close to 100 weddings a month, keep in mind that when you get there everything will be perfect! This isn't their first rodeo. My WC is horrible with response time (I have Xhail) but I started planning in December (wedding this October) and everything is just about planned out (but we aren't done yet). It may not happen as fast as I had wanted it to go, but I feel like I am on track. You have a ways to go so don't worry yet. I have read about Brides getting there and changing everything once they were there and everything was perfect.  I know it sucks to have to upgrade the package (I had to do the same) but that's how they "get you"...more people want to have a reception outside and it is more of a pain to get the food out to the pool/beach. You can offer one "dish" however, they will accommodate vegetarians and food allergies....So if you want fish and someone is allergic then you can give them chicken. Now I don't think you can go overboard with this but they will do something for them. So, you can have a little wiggle room. Keep in mind that most weddings have a set menu and guest normally don't tell you they don't like veggies. Plus you are at an all inclusive they can hit a buffet if they are unhappy with your choice after. But it's you day do what makes you happy you can't make everyone happy.

       

      I went with an outside photgrapher (you have to pay either an outside vendor fee of $500 or get them a room for 2 nights which is cheaper) I hired Ivan Luckie and he has been a pleasure to deal with and has GREAT reviews!! DJ I hired outside as well (cheaper then the resort...have to pay an outside vendor fee of $100 an hour for electricity or some DJ's will rent you a generator..mine charges $200 and then you don't have to pay the vendor fee) I haven't decided on make-up (you get your hair and make-up with the strawberry package) so I may just take the leap of faith and save some $$. This site has some great info on just about anything you want to know. 

       

      Thank you so much for the come back to earth check! I needed it!HAHA! I struggled with deciding to have a destination for this reason. I know I need to chill out. Its just that when the first of the year comes around I dont even want to have to worry about it. Thank you for sharing what you have done. Please keep me posted because I would like to know the people you used so that maybe I will do the same. You information has been so helpful. I think I am going to do the DJ the way you did it. Cause that seems to be alot better than what they are wanting to charge. Also I am interested in the Photographer because the people they are wanting me to use is crazy expensive and the pictures arent that great.



      #3193 MexicoHereICome

      MexicoHereICome
      • Newbie
      • 85 posts

        Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

        Originally Posted by mrsnova 

        MexicoHereICome,

        You are right, I know everything will work out in the end. I have to keep telling myself that things are different here than in Mexico! I know it is one of the most important days of our lives so we want it to be perfect and plan everything out...but like I keep reading, you can change everything up until the end to make it how you want. And I know one of the reasons we chose to do a destination wedding was for it to be more laid back and fun, so I need to keep remembering that, let go and know it will work out :). Thanks everyone for all the support!

         

        How much more did you end up paying for the outside photographer as compared to the same package with the hotel's com

        We are paying about the same (for more time... 6 hours) The resort has gotten less then good reviews. I'm 78 days away from my wedding if you have any questions along the way feel free to ask. I will post a review when we get back and hopefully get some pictures up as well. Happy Planning :)



        #3194 mrsnova

        mrsnova
        • Jr. Member
        • 280 posts

          Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

          Originally Posted by MexicoHereICome 

          We are paying about the same (for more time... 6 hours) The resort has gotten less then good reviews. I'm 78 days away from my wedding if you have any questions along the way feel free to ask. I will post a review when we get back and hopefully get some pictures up as well. Happy Planning :)

          Oh really? I am going to look into it. Thank you for all your help and that is excited that your wedding is so soon! I am already getting so excited for ours! Happy planning to you too :)


          Married to the man of my dreams 3.1.13!!
          wedding website: http://kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com/
          planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-3-1-13

          #3195 MexicoHereICome

          MexicoHereICome
          • Newbie
          • 85 posts

            Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

            Did any past brides have a little bachlorette party while you were there? If so I am looking for ideas....



            #3196 mrsnova

            mrsnova
            • Jr. Member
            • 280 posts

              Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

              We are thinking about doing one two nights before the wedding. Playacrawl looks fun and to get out of the resort area for a night! They do bachelorette/bachelor parties specifically too.  http://www.playacraw...helorette/c1bf2


              Married to the man of my dreams 3.1.13!!
              wedding website: http://kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com/
              planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-3-1-13

              #3197 NIKKI2013

              NIKKI2013
              • Newbie
              • 27 posts

                Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

                Originally Posted by NIKKI2013 

                 

                Thank you so much for the come back to earth check! I needed it!HAHA! I struggled with deciding to have a destination for this reason. I know I need to chill out. Its just that when the first of the year comes around I dont even want to have to worry about it. Thank you for sharing what you have done. Please keep me posted because I would like to know the people you used so that maybe I will do the same. You information has been so helpful. I think I am going to do the DJ the way you did it. Cause that seems to be alot better than what they are wanting to charge. Also I am interested in the Photographer because the people they are wanting me to use is crazy expensive and the pictures arent that great.

                MexicoHereI Come-

                 

                Who did you go with for your dj? Did the hotel give you the option to book a 2 day hotel room to have an outside photographer come in? Is the photographer staying in the hotel or did you just have to pay that amount?



                #3198 melcrna80

                melcrna80
                • Site Supporter
                • 79 posts

                  Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

                  Does anyone have pics of their place settings? I'm thinking about bringing down a few items but I'm not sure exactly- I don't want the table to look cluttered. Any advice/ pics would be helpful! Thx!

                  #3199 MexicoHereICome

                  MexicoHereICome
                  • Newbie
                  • 85 posts

                    Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

                    Originally Posted by NIKKI2013 

                    MexicoHereI Come-

                     

                    Who did you go with for your dj? Did the hotel give you the option to book a 2 day hotel room to have an outside photographer come in? Is the photographer staying in the hotel or did you just have to pay that amount?

                    Our D.J. website is: http://www.discomovilcancun.com         The price $600 for up to 4 hours of service....$100 for any hour past that. If you want a light up dance floor its $600 (the resort is like $1300 for the same floor) Once you sign a contract with him he has a huge music database and you can pick everything you want to hear on his site. He was only $100 deposit....You can add things like cold fireworks for $25 a piece and you can add props to give out to the guest to play with. Past brides have used him and they gave him a good review....

                     

                    The photographer  I had originally hired Belen Luckie she was 1/2 the price of Ivan and works underneath him I thought she had a good profolio.....I signed a contract with her and for whatever reason she now can't make it. So Ivan is taking her spot (and they have yet to tell me I have to pay more....I signed a contract so I can't imagine them charging me more). I dealt with Ivan the entire time through my process of choosing my photographer and he has been great! I'm actually really excited that Belen can't make it!  Ivan and his wife will be staying at the resort (I booked the Beach for them, no need to pay the Palace prices)  The resort requires you to use there photographers or pay a $500 outside vendor fee....UNLESS your photographer is a guest of the resort! I found the info here on the website and I have found that since they raised their outside vendor prices to $500 most Brides so it this way.  

                     

                    I have used this site SEVERAL times when I ask my WC about things.....I will tell her I saw online that you did this in the past could you still do this? Also save all your emails print them out and bring them with you if for whatever reason they change their mind once you arrive you will have proof that they had agreed to it before. They change prices sometimes when they change their policies and you want to be able to prove their quoted price.



                    #3200 dwenski16

                    dwenski16
                    • Newbie
                    • 7 posts

                      Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

                      I would sell the sky laterns, I was just reading about a bride who also took them just in case and that was the only thing the said NO about. Save room for something else that you can take~






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users