Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#21 DCH777

DCH777
  • Newbie
  • 5 posts

    Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

    Here's a list of menu options that I was given by my WC for the Barcelo Palace. They all look pretty good. I'm also open to any ideas for center pieces. I would love to see pictures if anyone has any!

     

     

    Attached Files



    #22 Davematthews16

    Davematthews16
    • Banned
    • 1,051 posts

      Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:41 PM

      Here are a few ideas for you :P

      http://bestdestinati....ces long table

      http://bestdestinati....t centerpieces

      #23 eblum999

      eblum999
      • Newbie
      • 51 posts

        Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:48 PM

        Has anyone gotten married at the Barcelo Maya Colonial in the Church? I am planning on getting married in the Church because I want a Catholic Ceremony. Does anyone know how that works? I believe it is done in English... not Spanish! Please help!!
        Erica & Doug
        July 18th 2009
        Barcelo Maya Palace
        www.elizabethmedina.com/ED09

        #24 Davematthews16

        Davematthews16
        • Banned
        • 1,051 posts

          Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:51 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by eblum999
          Has anyone gotten married at the Barcelo Maya Colonial in the Church? I am planning on getting married in the Church because I want a Catholic Ceremony. Does anyone know how that works? I believe it is done in English... not Spanish! Please help!!
          It's your wedding and you can have it in either Spanish or English I'm sure. Especially if you are doing the legal part in Mexico as well. In fact I've heard the legal part IS done in Spanish and translated if people want. That's a good question for your TA. :)

          #25 mjm160

          mjm160
          • Newbie
          • 58 posts

            Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:21 AM

            Yes, I had my wedding at the Church June 27, 2008. It was beautiful. The priest was mexican but spoke english, but he was still a little hard to understand. But everything worked out. When is your wedding? I can can you info and let you know what you need to do before you get down there.

            #26 Davematthews16

            Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

              Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

              Are you making pre-mexico brochures, and "welcome to mexico" brochures for your guests? Does anyone have a list of the hotel restaurants, or a template I could look at? I have a rough draft, but am a visual person! Thanks!

              #27 eblum999

              eblum999
              • Newbie
              • 51 posts

                Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by mjm160
                Yes, I had my wedding at the Church June 27, 2008. It was beautiful. The priest was mexican but spoke english, but he was still a little hard to understand. But everything worked out. When is your wedding? I can can you info and let you know what you need to do before you get down there.

                That would be awesome if you could email me anything you have from your wedding!!! Pictures... advice.. where you had the wedding and anything you would have done different!!! My email is Douganderica@gmail.com

                Please send me all the info I am going to need!!!!

                Thanks so much!

                Did the hotel provide the priest for you Where you legally married in the United States before getting married in Mexico? What paperwork do I need??

                Also how was the heat?

                Thanks so much :)
                -Erica
                New Jersey
                Erica & Doug
                July 18th 2009
                Barcelo Maya Palace
                www.elizabethmedina.com/ED09

                #28 morenaindc

                morenaindc
                • Jr. Member
                • 221 posts

                  Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:30 PM

                  hey davemathews...dont forget I'd like to use your pamphlet when you are done! I have no skills in that area

                  to refresh your memory, Im the Palace Jan 17th.

                  Where are you dong your reception? I had my heart set on the grill but now that it is not available what are you doing? I didnt like the "room" they have available but dont know what kind of weather to expect in January in the evenings?

                  #29 chonee

                  chonee
                  • Newbie
                  • 66 posts

                    Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:53 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Davematthews16
                    Several brides have told me to NOT use the hotel photographer! If you have the $, I would fly in your own. If you are on some sort of budget, I would use a photog in Mexico. But, I would book it now if you are using someone in Mexico, because my first choice was booked 3 months ago for January
                    Also, they say they don't accept outside photographers, but my WC ASSURED me, with a day-pass it's fine. I'm just not going to make a big deal and hope it's all ok :)
                    Hi!!
                    I'm also getting married at the Barcelo on December 8, 2008. They do allow you to bring outside photograpers into the resort as long as you either book them a room for the night or get them a day pass for the day. I'm flying my photographer in so she'll be staying at the resort with us.

                    Also, can you please send me that brochure that's being mentioned? I'd so greatly appreciate it because I don't even know where to begin with that.

                    mjm160 - For the menu options, do you need to let the WC know in advance what you're guests will be having or does everyone get to pick their entree at the actual reception?

                    Thanks Ladies!!

                    #30 Davematthews16

                    Davematthews16
                    • Banned
                    • 1,051 posts

                      Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by morenaindc
                      hey davemathews...dont forget I'd like to use your pamphlet when you are done! I have no skills in that area

                      to refresh your memory, Im the Palace Jan 17th.

                      Where are you dong your reception? I had my heart set on the grill but now that it is not available what are you doing? I didnt like the "room" they have available but dont know what kind of weather to expect in January in the evenings?
                      Our reception will be right on the beach, so hopefully the weather will be ok :) (I'll have an indoor back-up plan just in case) I'm telling my guests to bring a "light jacket" in case there is a breeze. As far as the brochure goes, I do not have a template as of yet, but my computer genius FI is going to create them and I'll post when finished. :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users